I'd pay more than $600 extra for it.
8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

For those without the NAV system

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default For those without the NAV system

We miss out on the detailed color display showing power transfer, being left with a simplified monochromatic display. If we want to see our tank's average we have to scroll to a different display. And then we only see average mpg for our current tank. We're not smart enough to be allowed to reset it ourselves. We don't get the bar graph showing fuel consumption for the last 1/2 hour and electricity regenerated. We don't get the ability to keep track of things like best mileage. The items we can get we have to scroll, one item at a time. And why are we oppressed? Only because we know where we're going and don't have the NAV option.

So I want to know, would you have paid extra to just get the power transfer display on TCHs with NAV.

*At least we get 6 CDs.

Last edited by Orcrone; 07-28-2006 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: For those without the NAV system

I'm a NAV owner so I didn't vote.

IMHO the power display on the NAV is a showpiece only. I NEVER use it since the display on the speedo portion gives the same info. Even if I had an undistracted ability to look at it (like if I were the passenger), I would look at it for 3 seconds and say "that's cool, but you can shut it off now".

I do like the minute-by-minute consumption bar chart, however. I would have paid maybe $300 for the consumption chart without NAV.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:23 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: For those without the NAV system

I would happily pay up to $1000 to get the entire NAV system, but it just ain't so. I can't really bring myself to pony up the actual amount when my portable top of the line Megallan GPS unit costs me a mere fraction of the Toyota price plus I can use it in any vehicle I want (which I have several times).

I voted $300-$600 because I would pay around this much for, not so much a NAV type display, but with a few simple tweaks to the MFD (and just a few pixels larger, but still in the dash), a lot more useful and interesting information can be displayed on it. I think it was a case of making the NAV more marketable at it's high price, rather than the cost of making the MFD perform more advanced functions.