Thoughts on Having Dealer Make a Base TCH Fully Loaded

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Enthusiast
Question Thoughts on Having Dealer Make a Base TCH Fully Loaded

Hi All,

My wife and I have been trying to buy a fully loaded Magnetic Gray TCH with Ash Interior but have unable to get a hold of one. We have deposits at two dealerships and been in almost daily contact with numerous dealers in the L.A./O.C. area. We are even willing to drive as far south as San Diego and north to Santa Barbara.

Unfortunately, one of the dealers that said that a TCH with the options/colors we want will be available next week called to say that it may take as long as another month.

A salesman at this dealership suggested that he can install leather seats, NAV and powered Sunroof to a base model using all Toyota parts as well as not voiding any warranty. The price of these additions will be within $200 of a fully loaded TCH with an MSRP of $30589.

Has anyone looked into doing this? He said it would take around two days (I find that hard to believe unless they have all these options ready to install) to do this. This is enticing to us because we are now just a one car family (sold our car in anticipation of purchasing a TCH within 2 weeks).

I don't think that replacing the 6 CD changer for the navigation system will be a big deal since these parts are probably interchangeable. (I don't have proof, so correct me if I'm wrong.

What do you think?

Old 06-16-2006, 04:56 AM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Thoughts on Having Dealer Make a Base TCH Fully Loaded

I would let them install leather, I might let them install NAV but I wouldn't let them cut a hole in my roof. Just my opinion.

The money savings is probably on the aftermarket roof and leather because I think you would lose $$$'s on changing out the radio for a NAV unit.

Unless there is a timing issue with tax credits and you need this now, I think you need to be patient.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It was only one or two weeks ago where I cam across a post from a person who let a dealer install a sunroof in her new Camry (non-hybrid). She posted to warn everyone of what a horrible mistake it was and she was hoping to avoid having to buy the car at all. I would NEVER NEVER, no NOT EVER, let a dealer CUT A HOLE in the roof of my new car!!!

Old 06-16-2006, 05:07 AM
WVGasGuy

BMGOODMAN, tell us how you really feel about letting a dealer cut a hole in your roof.

(BTW, I agree with you)

Old 06-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm glad that my subtle point was not lost, WVGasGuy!

Old 06-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Enthusiast

Unless the NAV is just a swap out using existing plugs, etc. I'm not sure I'd trust a dealer to mess with the electrical system either. In the past I had a car with electrical problems that was never really "right", I'm a little gun shy in that area .

Old 06-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have to agree with the above posters. Be patient, as long as you get your TCH by September 30 to get the full tax credit. I also would NEVER allow someone to put in a sunroof aftermarket. Most of the time it will be fine, but when it's not there's problems and probably multiple trips to get it corrected.

Old 06-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I would hold out for factory installed sunroof and leather seats. I've been given the same song and dance by many dealers about the 4 to 6 month wait for the Camry Hybrid. I have been calling around and found many in stock and bought mine yesterday!

Dealers with inventory selling at MSRP in the San Diego area are:

Toyota of Temecula - Julia said they have a White and Grey hybrid 800-829-0575
Chula Vista Toyota - Kat said Desert Sand and Grey 619-606-0302 (mine!!!)
Frank Toyota - Steve has 2 White, one Red 760-315-1826
Mossy Toyota - web site shows White and Red http://www.mossytoyota.com

So far I've got 114 miles on the first tank, and the tank average is reporting 39.6 MPG! Amazing considering it's not broke in yet and I've been running the air and stuck in stop and go traffic a few times.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Too Smug

Just my two cents, but the dealer-installed sunroof on my friends Altima was just a "pop-up." No tilt, no sliding, no tinting. No good.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, we saw somebody at the Toyota dealer who had an aftermarket moonroof installed. it leaked when it rained and ruined her interior.

Also, the Nav system aftermarket is a Pioneer and no one I spoke to was sure that it would work the same way as the factory-installed one in terms of Bluetooth capabilites and such.

I've seen the leather though. You have a whole lot of options to choose from, including the sporty-looking mesh leather they have standard in the SE models. Quite stylish!

Skip the other two, but I think the leather is actually a great deal.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Having Dealer Make a Base TCH Fully Loaded

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands