Tires and wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Tires and wheels

Hi, I'm looking to get new tires and rims for my 08 CHB, I currently have 20in rims on it, ( thats how it was when I bought it) and I'm only getting 28mpg on average tanks. When I go long distance say 200 miles, I get about 32-34mpg. The only thing I can think of for the poor milage is the tires and wheels. Curretly the 20in have a 245/35r20. They are about 10" wide, and I think stock are 6.5". Going back to stock from a dealer is quite expensive. I found a set of rims, tires and TPMS for about 1400 shipped to my house. I'm just not sure what to look for in the rims. I've selected the Michelin Energy saver A/S tires 215/60r16 which I think is stock size for the camry. What is the weight of stock rims for the Camry. I see there is wheel weight, offset. What all should I look for? Here is a link of the wheels Im intersted in.

These ones weight 18.6 lbs
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

These are 16.3lbs
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

I selected these because they are close to what I have now, but not as many spokes and like the way these ones look.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tires and wheels

can't say anything about the rims, but the tire size you listed is the default stock size, also the michelin energy saver a/s tires are the kind i will be getting for my TCH soon. Seems like a great tire.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I bought MB Mesh X wheels from Discount Tire to use in the summer months on my TCH and put my Michelin tires on them. I put General Altimax Arctic tires on the stock alloy rims for winter use. The General tires have been fantastic. I will be replacing the stock Michelin tires this summer as they have 60,000 miles plus on them now. I am considering Yokohama Avid Envigor V rated tires to replace the Michelins. The Yoko's are rated very well on Tire Rack.

Stock tire size on the TCH was 215/60R16. I stayed with stock sizes with all my tires and wheels.

Do a search for the wheel weight on the forum, I believe there was an old post somewhere that has the wheel weight in it. Hope you find the info you need.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The michelin energy saver a/s tires is a good choice. I have had mine for for about 10,000 miles and really like them. I could see some improvement in gas mileage.