TOW HITCH FOR 2007 HYBRID CAMRY

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast
Default TOW HITCH FOR 2007 HYBRID CAMRY

AM TRYING TO BUY A TOW HITCH FOR MY NEW CAR AND CANNOT GET ANY REAL INFORMATION ABOUT AVAILABILITY. i CANNOT EVEN FIND OUT IF THE HYBRID USES THE SAME HITCH AS THE REGULAR CAMRY. i HAVE CALLED REESE AND DRAW TITE AND AM TOLD THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW. SOME ON LINE STORES SAY THEY DO WHILE OTHERS SAY NO. ONE IDENTIFIES A REESE HITCH FOR THE HYBRID EVEN THO I WAS TOLD NO BY REESE.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Old 09-07-2006, 10:44 AM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: TOW HITCH FOR 2007 HYBRID CAMRY

Towing is not recommended for the TCH. The owners manual states as such. While it didn't say it would void your warranty, I'd look into your warranty info before adding a tow hitch.

Found this in the Warranty manual:
This warranty does not cover damage or failures resulting directly or indirectly from any of the following:

Alteration or tampering, including installation of non-Genuine Toyota Accessories

Installation of non-Genuine Toyota Parts
So, the way I read that is that if for example your electric motor died and you took it in and wanted it fixed under warranty and you had a tow hitch, then they might refuse to cover it under warranty claiming you towed something and it killed the electric motor. The onus would be then on you to prove otherwise and you would have to go thru arbitration if you didn't like their answer.

Last edited by TKCamry; 09-07-2006 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added info from Warranty Manual
Old 09-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Bill I am still looking for a receiver hitch for the TCH. Someone will eventually make one.

I will post on this website when I find one. I have a Segway hauler to attach (less than 100 pounds total) so I am interested also.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:03 AM

As mentioned, the manufacturer's officially stated towing capacity for the TCH is "Towing Not Recommended". Therefore, if you decide to install a trailer hitch, and then you do some damage to the car as a result of towing, then I'm not sure you will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

And please turn off your caps when posting, that is considered shouting when typing.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Enthusiast

Hitch choices are listed at Hitch-web Trailer Hitch Site: 800-300-4067

Old 09-07-2006, 01:10 PM

Joe, that hitch looks to NOT BE for the 2007 TCH. Looks like the 1997-1999 Camry. I downloaded the install instructions and it looks fishy.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Should have bought a HH. I have a regular on I use to tow my jetskis. It stays parked most of the time.

Old 09-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone who responded to my thread. Maybe I'll just have to sell my utility trailer if someone doesn't make one.
I have owned 3 Camrys and an Avalon, all with the same message in the owner's manual but I put a hitch on each one of them and never had a problem. I'm only talking about going to the dump every couple of weeks. Your suggestions, however, are well taken.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Contented Camry Hybrider

I purchased and installed the hitch from eTrailer made by Curt (sp?). The holes all were aligned with the screw holes for the tie downs. Installed it with only a wrench in less than an hour.

Now I can (and do) occasionally carry around my bike rack, for 2 bicycles (the 1 Up USA one).

Works fine.

Jay

Old 09-18-2006, 04:39 AM
WVGasGuy

Pictures always appreciated.

Quick Reply: TOW HITCH FOR 2007 HYBRID CAMRY

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands