TSB under extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default TSB under extended warranty

Sorry if this was already posted, but I can't find the answer: Can I get my car serviced for free under TSB after original 36k warranty expired but still under 100k extended warranty or do I need to wait until it breaks all together?
I'm little concerned about steering, sometimes I get the clicks when hard turning in the parking lot, but it was never an issue and besides I think Toyota issued TSB for that part after my 36k warranty already expired. I don't think it should be a problem, but I would like to get newer steering box, without the clicking because I have a feeling it will fail after extended warranty expires and like a lot of TCH parts, it's rather expensive to fix and it seems Toyota admited there is a problem there by issuing TSB. As far as I can tell, it didn't get any worse over time, but still it didn't go away either.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TSB under extended warranty

A TSB is issued when a known problem is out there that is not an immediate safety concern. If something is life threatening, then a recall is issued. If it's a problem and there is a TSB related to it, I'd take it to the dealer. They should fix it at no cost, warranty or not.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:40 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think that the TSB coverage only applies for the duration of the initial car warranty, and is likely not extended by the purchase of a Toyota extended warranty. But this is just my guess.

The Canadian TSBs say: "Applicable Warranty: This repair is covered under the Toyota Basic Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's warranty registration date."

The US TSBs say: "Applicable Warranty: This repair is covered under the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service date."

Stan

Old 07-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification.

I'd still probably push the dealer on it. Doesn't hurt to ask.