USA Spec Model PA12 TOY Now Available

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: USA Spec Model PA12 TOY Now Available

Does anyone know if the install of the PA20-TOY (newer then the PA12) disabled the 4 disc CD changer in the factory navigation or does it continue working?

Does this allow me to add Sat. radio later or is this not compatible with Sat radio.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

dump

I would love to hear if anyone is using the PA20 in the TCH successfully before I order it from my dealer.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backupguy
Does anyone know if the install of the PA20-TOY (newer then the PA12) disabled the 4 disc CD changer in the factory navigation or does it continue working?

Does this allow me to add Sat. radio later or is this not compatible with Sat radio.
Here is a copy of an email I received from USASpec in regards to my questions. Perhaps it will help you as well.

I am hoping you can help clarify some questions I have about your ipod integration kits. I currently own a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid with the JBL factory stereo, non navigation system. I am looking to integrate my 8gb iPod touch to this system.

Here are the features I am looking for:
I would like to be able to control the iPod from the stereo and steering wheel buttons. Song skip and back.

USASPEC: YES IT WILL WORK THAT WAY
I would also like to be able to control the iPod at the same time. Playlists, etc.
YES IT WILL WORK THAT WAY
I would like to still have use of the 6 disc in dash changer. XM satellite is NOT important to me.

YES YOU DO NOT LOOSE ANY FUNCTIONS OR FEATURES

Do you have a product that could meet my needs?

The PA15 TOY will do everything you want.

One more question... Would there be any advantage of buying the PA20 over the PA15 in my situation?

No, no advantage at all, except you pay more

From my understanding, the PA15 is for NON-Nav systems and the PA20 is for NAV systems, that allow for more on-screen information. It sounds like it hooks up to the CD changer port on the back of the stereo, thus not interfering with the SAT.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

My local dealership parts dept. had the PA20. I purchased it for use in my TCH 2009 with Nav.

The dealer installed it for $140 (1 hour labor) but they normally would charge for 2 hours labor, I got lucky.

I am using it with a 2nd gen. Nano. Everything worked great. All modes. Song info displayed on screen, Track forward and back is working great. No limit to the number of tracks per playlist.

Tomorrow I am getting a Gen 6 ipod Classic, which has reduced compatibility with the PA20. I will report on my results tomorrow or the next day, and try to take some pictures for everyone.

So far, highly recommend the unit.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

This morning I tested the PA20 with my iPhone and it immediately started playing. The ipod automatically plays when the car starts and stops when the car stops. Overall the integration is really good.

I will post some pictures later today and give feedback on the ipod classic when it comes in from Amazon.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have taken a few pictures of the PA20 so you can see how it displays song info. The screen that shows song and artist name is not available once the car starts driving....

Old 05-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

Backupguy,

Thank you so much for those pictures! Could you please post back after you have used it for a month or so and let us know how you like it? Thanks in advance.

ps. If you have a 5.1 nav dvd with override, can you use the folder functions once the override is active?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

So the folders are the play list names? Are you able to browse by file? What happens if you click on one of the folders?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

I will need to check, but I believe that when you click "artist", it gives you the ipod list of artists. You can then pick the artist from the list. The ipod will then play the songs for that artist, just like it does from the ipod menu.

If you click "file" then it will browse by file.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backupguy
I will need to check, but I believe that when you click "artist", it gives you the ipod list of artists. You can then pick the artist from the list. The ipod will then play the songs for that artist, just like it does from the ipod menu.

If you click "file" then it will browse by file.
If it could do that then I think it is better than the Vais unit.

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 05-06-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Quick Reply: USA Spec Model PA12 TOY Now Available

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands