Warm up time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Angry Re: Warm up time...

Yesterday while the TOH was warming up and the ICE was off, I turned up the auto air temp. to 72, the ice started up. I turned it down to 68 and the ICE shut off. The outside temp. was 55. When the ICE was finally up to operating temp. this didn't happen. I have also notice the ICE runs more as the outside temp. decreases. My mpg has decreased 2 mpg since cool weather started

Old 01-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Warm up time...

Originally Posted by freeagn
Yesterday while the TOH was warming up and the ICE was off, I turned up the auto air temp. to 72, the ice started up. I turned it down to 68 and the ICE shut off. The outside temp. was 55. When the ICE was finally up to operating temp. this didn't happen. I have also notice the ICE runs more as the outside temp. decreases. My mpg has decreased 2 mpg since cool weather started
Did you have the Eco button on when you were warming up the car?

I believe the ICE is going to run more during colder temps because it has to work harder keep the fluids at operating temps.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Warm up time...

Yes, the my ECO switch is always on. I think the computer is program to give driver comfort higher control.