What do you hate/dislike about your TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default What do you hate/dislike about your TCH?

OK my TCH is due in a week and I have read all the various forums. It seems everyone is fairly happy, but I find it hard to beleive everyone is pefectly estatic. I am not looking to nit pick, but am looking to see what people don't like about their TCH.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What do you hate/dislike about your TCH?

Minor nit, the factory tint on the tinted windows is too light. Fixed by having the windows tinted

Old 07-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast

Don't like the fact that the outside mirrors don't fold in! No remote start....I tried to get it for my TCH, but was told that there was a glitch with it and is not currently available for the TCHs

Old 07-17-2006, 06:46 PM

This is pretty minor, but I wish that the drivers armrest (on the door) was softer - it is padded, but VERY thinly, and my elbow gets sore resting on it. I don't notice it any more, so I suspect that my elbow is adjusting to it.

I would also like a full ipod interface (with control logic).

Old 07-17-2006, 06:53 PM

I don't own mine yet, but from my 3 test dries the things I dislike are:

- center armrest should be leather and slide forward/back
- door panel handles is very plasticy as is the top door sill, shoudl be a little more upscale feeling
- All the TCHs shoudl have the LCD for info panel and then just eable NAV is the option is there.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:08 PM

Love the car overall, but here's my complaints:
  1. No memory for seats, mirrors, etc.
  2. Display on stereo system is too bright at night. Have to turn the brightness way down.
  3. Accessory power turns off when car is off - Can't charge cell phone with car off.
  4. Due to batteries the trunk is very small. This last one is not a nit-pick. If you're a family of four and want to use it to go on vacation with a bunch of luggage take a good luck first.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

It's too easy to forget to shut the car off. Car should turn off if it is in Park and the key leaves the vehicle.

No auto-up on driver window.

If you make a mistake and hit the power button before you put the car in P, it looks like the car is off. It's hard to tell if you made the mistake or not.

Wish you could force an EV mode below 42 mph.

Taillight cracks/breaks if you ram it into a hard surface and don't stop.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:26 PM

1. I can't fit it in my office cube at work or get it in my bed at night.
2. My son says the reading lights in the back get very hot when used extensively. I haven't verified this myself, though.
3. Such fantastic technology! So why the tweeny lame-o light in the trunk?
4. I agree with spiff72: folding mirrors would be nice. One day, those mirrors are gonna get snapped right off.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SilverToyCam
No remote start....I tried to get it for my TCH, but was told that there was a glitch with it and is not currently available for the TCHs
The remote start is available. I have it. I sort of got stuck with it and I doubt I'll be using it much in coastal California.

Will Mayall

Old 07-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Enthusiast

I have it in my TCH. Came with the fully loaded model and I didn't have a choice.

What's the glitch? Seems to work just fine as it was described to me although I can't say I've used it all that often.

As for things I dislike, no folding mirrors, no memory seats.

Originally Posted by SilverToyCam
Don't like the fact that the outside mirrors don't fold in! No remote start....I tried to get it for my TCH, but was told that there was a glitch with it and is not currently available for the TCHs

Quick Reply: What do you hate/dislike about your TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands