What do you hate/dislike about your TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What do you hate/dislike about your TCH?

Overall, I think the car is great. Here are a few things:
  • This is not specific to the TCH but much of the nav system interface is disabled as soon as you start moving. I'm sure some lawyers forced them to do it but it is very annoying. There is a relatively simple hack to disable it that anyone can do even while the car is moving.
  • I also think the nav system's user interface could be dramatically simplified. There are too many options that will be rarely used that get in the way of the most common options.
  • The voice recognition system is pretty remarkable but still pretty bad. By this I mean that it's amazing that technology has advanced this far but it is still not good enough. This is particularly true since so many operations require you to use the voice recognition when you are moving.
  • I could come up with lots of other things about the nav/phone system that aren't so great.
  • The rear seats do not fold completely flat.
  • No power tilt for the passenger seat.
  • No memory for the power seat positions.

Will Mayall

Old 07-18-2006, 04:09 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamng
I have it in my TCH. Came with the fully loaded model and I didn't have a choice.

What's the glitch? Seems to work just fine as it was described to me although I can't say I've used it all that often.

As for things I dislike, no folding mirrors, no memory seats.
The dealer told me that it was a computer glitch and Toyotal suspended remote start installations until it's fixed. When I got the call that another customer backed out on a TCH, I snapped it right up and requested the remote start. I was told that the car had already left port and they could not install it at this time. Maybe it's time to check with the dealer again.

Remote start is great for the extremely cold or hot days. Don't have to sit on burning hot leather when there's remote start!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast

Besides the small trunk, one of the things I don't like is the fact that the radio doesn't tell you what and who you are listening to unless you have the satellite system. My girl has a FEH and the display shows everything.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Iwannasave$$$
Besides the small trunk, one of the things I don't like is the fact that the radio doesn't tell you what and who you are listening to unless you have the satellite system. My girl has a FEH and the display shows everything.
If you have the NAV version, the FM radio _does_ give you all of this information, as long as the FM station broadcasts it (and many do).

To see it, you have to hit the "Audio" button.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast

By the way....I am "Nav-less".

Old 07-18-2006, 11:47 AM
WVGasGuy

I wish it was Lexus quiet. It would not have taken a lot of sound deadening materials to accomplish this. It's not noisier than most other cars but if I heard less road noise I would be happier. I wouldn't mind hearing less of the clunks and whines from under the hood either. Loud exhaust and HorsePower I like to hear. Whines, clunks and electrical gizmo's I don't.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast

Well, it sounds good on paper and it works as indicated where the car comes on remotely, etc. but it'll shut the car off whenever any door is opened. I'm sure that makes sense from a security point of view so one one drives off with your car, but it's annoying at the same time .

I wish there was a way to remote start it and lock the doors at the same time and have the engine continue to run even after I open the door with the smartkey.

Originally Posted by SilverToyCam
Remote start is great for the extremely cold or hot days. Don't have to sit on burning hot leather when there's remote start!

Old 07-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Along for the ride.....

What I dislike is that I can't figure out the Blue tooth cell phone setup (it may not be the car's fault)

Old 07-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mainer,

Go to

ToyotaIGuide.com

Click Audio System

Click Pairing a Phone

It gives a pretty good tutorial on what to do.

** note - make sure you get into your phone's menu and enable bluetooth prior to attempting

Old 07-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

When viewing MP3 ID3 tags (detail display) on the CD player, they disappear when the car starts moving. And several buttons are disabled which makes browsing for music harder when you are moving.

Robert

Quick Reply: What do you hate/dislike about your TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands