Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Wheels

Is there any differance in wheels off a regular 2009 Camry and a Hybrid?

thanks
dusty

Old 11-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Wheels

As far as the fit of the wheels, no. They have a different style however.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks, not worried about appearance, I found a set of wheels with new winter tires mounted at a great price (200.00) and sense we have a winter storm warning out for tonight I thought I would pick them up. I know if I buy them it won't snow the rest of the winter but that would be fine as well.

thanks
dusty

Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by modeladay
Thanks, not worried about appearance, I found a set of wheels with new winter tires mounted at a great price (200.00) and sense we have a winter storm warning out for tonight I thought I would pick them up. I know if I buy them it won't snow the rest of the winter but that would be fine as well.

thanks
dusty
Just watch out for the TPMS sensors - you'll need to convince your car to accept the new ones, or go around with the 'low tire' warning on all winter. Unfortunately for us, the 'convincing' is a dealer item, with their computer 'convincer'.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks and yes that is still alright...just need to get through some of the snow.

thanks!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Frodo
Just watch out for the TPMS sensors - you'll need to convince your car to accept the new ones, or go around with the 'low tire' warning on all winter. Unfortunately for us, the 'convincing' is a dealer item, with their computer 'convincer'.
Almost any local tire shop can re-program the TPMS sensors. Your local mechanic that owns a Snap-on Modis, Verus, Verdict or similar can also program them if they have the latest software.

It only take about 10 minutes with my Modis to reprogram them.