Window condensation problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Window condensation problem

Today is the first time our TCH has sat outside in the rain. Typical Florida afternoon storm. High temperature and high humidity. The problem is both the rear window and the windshield both extreme condensation. There were even some water droplets on the inside of the rear window. I had to take a towel to dry them off and run the air conditioning for a few minutes to help reduce the humidity.

Has anybody that lives in a similar climate in the South experienced this yet? I am thinking it is because the car is so tight and conditions were just right. Will try to duplicate is tomorrow with a garden hose.

One thing I did notice is the presence of suction cups that are used to install a window. This is either standard practice for installing the rear window or the window was replaced prior to delivery.

I have owned several cars including three other Toyotas and have never experienced this before except for a 66 Impala SS that had a leaking rear window seal.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Window condensation problem

Well, I hope you don't have any leaks, gandyfire.

The suction cup marks are very commonly observed on new vehicles of any brand. Whether a windshield or rear glass is installed by hand or robot, suction cups are used to hold it during positioning. I doubt if your windshield was replaced before you took delivery, but I suppose it's possible.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:13 PM
it's just a car...

Originally Posted by pajasper
Well, I hope you don't have any leaks, gandyfire.

The suction cup marks are very commonly observed on new vehicles of any brand. Whether a windshield or rear glass is installed by hand or robot, suction cups are used to hold it during positioning.....
No condensation or droplets.

Mine has the suction cup marks. I have not cleaned the inside glass yet.
In certain light conditions, a sworl pattern is visible. I think of it as "the creator's fingerprint".

Old 07-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have noticed the suction cup marks on mine too - they seem to be on the inside. I need to clean the inside of the windows yet! I washed the outside twice so far - once by hand, and once at an automatic car wash.

I got nervous in the car wash at one point, since the drivers side mirror seemed like it took a good bump from one of the spinning cloth things (one that spins them from back-to-front). It is fine, but I do wish this car had folding side mirrors for these situations!