Windows Mobile Pocket PC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:55 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Windows Mobile Pocket PC?

I wrote a software application for my Windows Pocket PC Phone (HP hw6955 if anyone cares) for tracking and managing my fuel economy and vehicle maintenance.

I was thinking about making it available as freeware if anyone was interested in using it as well. Currently it's targeted at Windows Mobile 5/6 devices, but I think it should work on Mobile 2003 devices too.

It is able to work in US, Metric, or Imperial interchangeably and does some basic fuel economy stats including City / Hiway and temperature data. It is also able to record vehicle maintenance costs and calculate an operating cost per mile or km. It also has a reminder system for scheduled maintenance like oil changes and stuff.

Anyway, if anyone is interested just post a reply. If I get enough interest it will motivate me to write up some documentation and do a bit more final testing then post it sometime in the next few weeks.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Windows Mobile Pocket PC?

Sounds great, I would love to see that.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast

Same here i would love see that application and might be able to help with documentation

Old 05-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Enthusiast

Any hope to make it work with palm tungsten 5?

Thanks

Old 05-07-2007, 06:23 PM
iam4pack

Sounds great. I would be interested in trying it out.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I would be interested as well...

I have a windows mobile 5 phone (Cingular 8125) that I keep a mileage spreadsheet on. I am curious about this little app, though.

Thanks!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:42 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by pitokhato
Any hope to make it work with palm tungsten 5?

Thanks
Not anytime soon. I toyed with the idea of doing a Java version which should make it run on more kinds of devices, but with summer knocking I know I won't be spending much time doing this stuff. Maybe next winter. Now that I see a few people are interested, this weekend I'll try to get the installer tested and post it. The wife and daughter are going on a Girl Guides trip, so that will leave me with some time...

Old 05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I am interested (for when i get my Treo 700wx). I can also help with documentation and hosting if you don't want to put it in Sourceforge.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Enthusiast

Count me in too...I'd like to try this app out.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:44 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Talking Re: Windows Mobile Pocket PC?

OK, finally after much tweaking and a fair bit of procrastination, here it is for those interested. Although this program is built for Win Mobile 5 or higher I found an issue with running it on older Pocket PC 2003 devices (at least using the emulator to test), so I spent a bit of time creating a work around so it should work on them too. I also created a web site for registrations because I thought it would be nice to know how many use this free software. You can read about it, download and try this out at my new web site:

www.droid13.com

Quick Reply: Windows Mobile Pocket PC?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands