Wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Wiper blades

Has anyone replaced their wiper blades recently? The dealer refused to sell me inserts They "claim" toyota only sells the entire assembly for the wipers (the pair cost around $60) that come with the TCH..

Old 03-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Wiper blades

I've also been told that they don't sell the inserts which I'm inclined to believe. If you go to the parts store, there are very few inserts available anymore, and none for the high-end blades. I'm very happy with these blades and wipers from Toyota. It's rare that I get more than a year out of a set and I'm at 16 months and still getting excellent performance.

Robb

Old 03-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

I have swapped all of our cars over to Bosch Icons. So far, I like them better than anything else that I have used. The only problem is that they are almost as expensive as the OEM wipers from Toyota.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Is there any particular reason for chosing the Bosch icons???

Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Every other brand I tried didn't last as long or wipe as well. I tried 7 different wiper blades over the course of a year on our family cars. I liked how the Icons performed and put them on all of the cars as the others wore out. The ones that started the test on my wifes Pilot are still going strong after 18 months. She had been replacing them every 9 months or so.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:07 AM
HSD Organic Interface

The Toyota dealer here near Toronto still sells wiper inserts, $6CAD (<5 USD) ea with free installation. Although I've never had to change my TCH wipers yet, just finishing my 3rd winter and they are just now starting to get a little worn, probably change them next winter. I know they offer inserts because I had my Sienna blades changed late last year.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Enthusiast

I recently bought a set of inserts from http://www.brandsport.com/. Left $6.97, right $6.47 + shipping. They claim to be "genuine Toyota." Who knows; they fit, and are working well. Had to transfer the metal strips from the old ones... the inserts were rubber only (and came rolled up).

Old 03-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got the inserts at my dealer, but they jacked up the price to around $10 a piece...not too happy, but I do like the assembly.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

The April issue of Consumer Reports recommends the Anco 31 Series and the Michelin Rainforce wipers. Their testing showed them performing well and both were priced under $10 per wiper.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

KenSoren: Yes, Consumer Reports did recommend these wipers, but they are not "beam-blade" wipers like the ones that come with the TCH.

For those of us who want the "beam-blade" wipers, CR also recommends the RainX Latitudes (routinely carried by Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Advance Auto and sometimes with buy one get one free deals).

Personally, I like how sleek the OEM blades look, the Lattitudes and Michelin Optimums are extended at the arm, whereas the OEMs look more "integrated," if you know what I mean.

Quick Reply: Wiper blades

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands