I was rear ended!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default I was rear ended!

Today I was rear ended by someone in an older Ford Crown Victoria at 40 MPH, she was looking for her F******* cell phone. She didn't even hit the brakes! I was very upset, I did not get hurt but she did, SUV vs. Sedan lol. But it was pretty bad, her car was totaled because the radator busted open and the engine would not turn over and it was old. But my Highlander Hybrid had no structural damage whatsoever, just the liftgate and the bumper. I am taking it to the body shop tommorow, what can I expect? What should they do aobut the battery when painting?

Old 04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I was rear ended!

my wife was rear ended as well. usually that's my job

we needed a new tail light, bumper & hatchdoor. the good thing is that getting hit from behind means 100% not your fault, so make sure you get a rental out of it while in the shop. the only thing that i had to go back for was an adjustment to the latch lock. when we closed the hatch, the 'backdoor open' light stayed on unless you slammed the door shut. also, the airbag light was on, but that turned out to be a bad fuse.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 AM
no more oil

LOL

im not even going to go there.........

Old 05-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know what would be more annoying...

a. That she was looking for her f'in cell phone
b. That her car didn't have Bluetooth

Old 05-14-2007, 05:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I was re-ended with my Saturn Hybrid Vue when it was 6 weeks old. A woman was daydreaming when she plowed into me and never hit the breaks. (Are we sensing a trend here? ) Her Chrysler Sebring was totaled. One of comments was that she never knew Saturn made a Hybrid.

Her car insurance was GEICO and they picked up the entire $1700 tab and gave me a loaner for the week. The $1700 bill - included a new back bumper, front grate and some cosmetic touch ups. They even let me pick the body shop – I choose one closest to my home. The Hybrid was fixed to my satisfaction and I was back driving again. The first few days, I kept looking in my rear view mirror when I applied the breaks. However, with time you go back to trusting the other drivers.

One note - you should let you car insurance company know that you were re-ended. Just in case their car insurance backs out of taking responsibility for the accident. This way your car insurance will go to bat for you. Good luck and safe driving.