Looking for confirmation (audio)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default Looking for confirmation (audio)

In the review posted yesterday of the 2007 Highlander Hybrid at AutoblogGreen, it says this:
"The Extra Value Package amounts to a power moonroof and a forceful JBL Premium audio system with 6-disc capacity, an auxiliary input, and even a cassette player."
This is not the first time I've heard mention of an auxilary input, but for the life of me I have yet to find a 2007 HiHy that has it. If it exists, can someone point in a direction as to where it is?

Old 06-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking for confirmation (audio)

http://www.toyota.com/highlander/options.html

I would go by Toyota's own website. They mention nothing about an auxiliary input. Mine doesn't have one.

My Honda does have the auxiliary input. It's navigation system is much better as well.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr. Kite
I would go by Toyota's own website. They mention nothing about an auxiliary input. Mine doesn't have one.
I know that there is one in the '07 camry hybrid. As long as we're sure about it not being there, then I'll say this: mis-statements by the press like this on vehicles that have out for many many months just irk me. It's like they (a) didn't actually drive the car, (b) didn't talk to a knowledgable sales person or toyota rep, and (c) didn't have anyone fact-check their article. Eeesh.

It's navigation system is much better as well.
Well, that may be personal opinion. I like the nav on the HiHy, and the older versions I've used on the Lexus brands. I'm not a fan of the nav in the Infinity, and really can't stand TomTom's interface at all.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WebG
Well, that may be personal opinion. I like the nav on the HiHy, and the older versions I've used on the Lexus brands. I'm not a fan of the nav in the Infinity, and really can't stand TomTom's interface at all.
Yeah, it's just my opinion. There are some cool features in the HiHy and I am pretty new to its navi. But I have to say that I like the Honda navi much better. One thing that I like with the Honda system is that I can easily get elevation. I like that information as I do see a lot of elevation changes in my local driving. Also, I like that my wife can enter destinations while I am driving. You cannot enter destinations on the HiHy's navi while the vehicle is in motion. These are some pretty big negatives for me.

If anybody knows how to get the elevation, that would be great. I know about the override for entering destinations on the go. I'm not sure if it works on the 2007, but I do plan to try soon. (I've only had the vehicle for less than 2 weeks.)

I believe the navi system in my Honda is made by Alpine.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:42 AM
Enthusiast

But I have to say that I like the Honda navi much better. One thing that I like with the Honda system is that I can easily get elevation.
I don't think I've seen elevation as an option on the Toyota/Lexus nav systems, so you're probably out of luck on that. Funny thing -- people tend to like the first nav system they get more than ones that come later or from different brands.

I like that my wife can enter destinations while I am driving. You cannot enter destinations on the HiHy's navi while the vehicle is in motion. These are some pretty big negatives for me.
Yes, not a huge fan of this as well, but I don't run into this need very often. Have yet to find an override code for the '07.