Accel pedal or N to glide?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Accel pedal or N to glide?

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Are there any laws against speeding? Considering I see many more people speeding on the highway than I do using a neutral cost I would assume there isn't such a law.

Neutral coasting is no more dangerous than speeding. The only difference between the two is that police can't tell if you are neutral coasting but they can certainly tell if you are speeding.
Thats a good one!

Good aswers from all postings!

Yes there are laws against speeding.. "However" its up to the officer to enforce those laws when he sees it happening.. Again "However" most not all but most officers give 10 mph over before they stop you. as it is harder to contest in court. due to vehicles speedomiter can be off by as much as 7 mph.
Also if its rush hour some may look the other way due to the traffic flowing and not stop and go which causes more accidents than cars flowing freely.
(In a nut shell its officers discretion)

There are laws regarding coasting in neutral here in fla. But I would be more concerned on the saftey issue of what happens if you panic and pop the shifter into another gear at hwy speeds? I would have to agree on using the cruise or pulse and glide..

Going into left field:
Becides speeding the police can pull you over for driving too slow.. again 10 mph under the speed limit (the charge? Impeading the flow of traffic) or
possibly impared.

Same rules apply here in central florida regarding accidents, most drivers get into a traffic crash and leave the cars sitting in the roadway "when they can be moved" when the officer arrives he can write both drivers a ticket for impeading the flow of traffic..

If the vehicles can not be moved due to extencive damage only the driver that caused the accident would get the ticket for causing the accident.

coming back from left field:
I would think that a person would want to have the car in gear to use the regenerative coasting as well as braking..

I have caught my self pulsing/gliding, when driving the prius on my days off I learned it from this site, Thanks guys!

P.S. I miss my spell check

Last edited by PriusGuy04; 03-06-2006 at 05:29 PM.