Bluetooth without navi?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Default Re: Bluetooth without navi?

Originally Posted by Emma
I ended up with the bluetooth by accident...it just came with the package. I didn't actually want it ...
Yeah, me too. But it's really hard for me to just ignore a cool bit of technology that's just sitting there beckoning me to try it out... (Come to think of it, that's sort of why I bought my Prius...)

Originally Posted by Emma
But then again, I'm one of those radicals who thinks it's a really bad idea to eat, talk on the phone, apply make-up, or thumb through CDs whilst driving.
I agree in principle... but if I couldn't eat or talk (hands free only!) on the phone while I drive, I'd die of starvation or boredom. Though hypermiling has done wonders for the latter, it gives me something else to think about while I drive. I even find myself annoyed sometimes when I'm having a conversation and realize that I've been allowing my FE to slip <gasp!>. So I talk less since I've gotten my hybrids - maybe another reason why Travelers is lowering insurance rates for hybrid drivers!

Anyway, I tried the dialing by number via voice command thing this afternoon, and it didn't work while the car was moving. It would ask me for the number, repeat it back, and tell me to press the talk button briefly, but it wouldn't dial - it just asked me for a number again! BUT, when the car was stopped, it DID dial. I have to play with this a little more to figure out all the "ins and outs", but it IS cool, no doubt.

Now I had to get a phone with a camera in order to get Bluetooth, so there's ANOTHER piece of technology that I didn't want or need, but "ended up with," that is beckoning me! It's only a matter of time... help!!! I am just a pawn in the whole world of consumer marketing...

Old 03-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth without navi?

Just picked up my 06 on Saturday. Definitely don't have navigation and definately do have the bluetooth. It works fine, both voice activated as well as straight dial up. Nifty feature on a nifty car. Just turned over 300 miles and lovingevery minuteof the drive.