Finding Prius

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I went on autotrader.com and there are A LOT of Prius on there.. i think 181. But the thing is... many could be already sold and we wouldn't know. There are some that are MSRP and some that have mark-up too. BTW>>> the black prius #9 is MINE!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2004, 03:35 PM

Old ads... they are mostly sold and they dont have them in stock

Old 07-04-2004, 03:01 PM

I GIVE UP! i'll never get one, and even if i get on a waiting list in town, i wont be able to drive it for two years b/c of college. time to go drive off a bridge >_<

Old 07-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Flare:

___On the other side of that equation, in 2 years we might actually have the iCDTi based Accord here for our consumption! You remember that one, right? 0 - 60 in a touch > 9 seconds, 76 mpg on a high mileage drive across Germany, and 19 World records for a 2.2 L motor in a consumer purchasable passenger sedan including traveling at 130 mph for something like 24 hours or some other such crazy speed? And all at a price that is less then you can find a Prius II for as of this writing … With its 17 gallon fuel capacity, I can imagine a 19.5 + real tank and Vapor recovery HW capacity. Add in an 80 mpg average and you have another recently broken distance world record added to its list of accolades

___I have posted the link before but here it is again in case you didn’t see it the first time around … http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=234399

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 07-04-2004, 08:00 PM

i used duct tape to write PRIUS on my rear bumper

Old 07-04-2004, 08:31 PM

i hugged a prius at the theater on saturday and i got all wet b/c it was raining =_=

Old 07-04-2004, 08:36 PM

Hi Flare:

___Where do you live anyway? In the next town over from me here north of Chicago I saw an 03 2.4 L with Auto Accord EX w/ just 21,000 miles on it going for $18,200. I am sure I could get them down to 16 - $16,500 with a bit of bargaining if I were really interested. I know guys over at TOV that are receiving 40 + on the highway with the 2.4’s as they are rated for 34 on the hwy as is. If you live in California, NY, Mass, or the other 2 or 3 clean states not listed (I forget which ones they are?), I bet you could find a PZEV Accord LX/EX or Camry LE/XLE for a similar deal. Decent mileage, a ton more performance and handling, higher safety ratings, larger size, same extremely low emissions, and much much less expensive.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 07-04-2004, 09:25 PM

i live in st louis. getting a car from the west/east coast is not preferred according to my father

Old 07-04-2004, 10:05 PM

Hi Flare:

___Here is another consideration … Since I can pick up a brand new 04 Accord LX w/ Auto for < $18K or an 04 Camry LE w/ Auto for ~ $16,500 here in Chicago, I am sure similar deals for the PZEV versions of those automobiles are available in New York., Maine., Vermont., Massachusetts., and California. I purchased my last 3 cars out of state and as long as the tax is collected at registration in Missouri only, you will receive the same exact warranty no matter what state you purchase the vehicle from. Do you have any idea as to how far you could drive a 4 cylinder Camry or Accord for with $10,000 in your pocket let alone better performance, larger size, and better safety ratings? Make the deal via E-Mail with the final purchase paper work in our hand and it’s only a Greyhound bus ride away. Why you keep thinking that you need an 04 Prius that can’t be found in a timely manner nor can be purchased at a decent price is beyond me given your distaste for your current automobile.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 07-05-2004, 07:41 AM

Flare,
And if you need the room of the hatchback...a Matrix is always an option.
Cheers,
Steven

Quick Reply: Finding Prius

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands