Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Add a date field to the tank data

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:41 AM
mild hybridizer
Default Add a date field to the tank data

It would be helpful for the database if you could add a date field to the tank entry. As it is, I have to enter the date in which I filled the tank into the "Other notes" field. If you could associate a date with the tank entry you can see on a timeline how the persons' mpg changed over the year.

Possibly, you could also grab the actual temperatures from the persons zip code using a weather almanac database and associate it with the dates in between individual tanks of gas, i.e. average the temperatures between the two tank entries for that persons' zip code.

One climate data website is located here
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/USclimate/

Old 07-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Add a date field to the tank data

Some people don't record the dates of their tanks, so keeping this info in the "notes" field is likely the best. However, you can add them chronologically and the graph will reflect your progress.

We can look into temperature improvements, although pulling data from other databases may be a bit complicated.