Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Community Brainstorming for the Next-Generation Mileage Database

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 05:14 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Community Brainstorming for the Next-Generation Mileage Database

I agree. It is important (and more rewarding) to be able to show improvement on a more granular level than LMPG. It might be nice to have a most improved category either on Waynes hypermiler sticky post or to have a new sticky post for most improved.

Dan

Old 07-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Site Founder

I've decided to implement many of these feature requests myself by the end of the summer. The task would simply be extraordinarily too time consuming to start from scratch and I can't guarantee I would be able to finish it. So, shortly I'll be begin modifying the database once again.

Old 07-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Site Founder

Well, looks like I've started from scratch anyway Hope you all are looking forward to the next-generation database.

Old 07-31-2005, 01:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

This is a bit late, so maybe version 3 or whatever...

It would be interesting to have a page that breaks down the averages for each country for applicable vehicles. Once GH gets it's more 'international' friendly features, I'm sure there will be more people from all over the world participating, so it may not seem like a very interesting feature now, but it may become more useful when there are more sets of data from each participating user's country. It would give the prospective buyer a more accurate picture of the mileage they would get where they live, rather than just the 'global' median.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Diesel Driver

Me being from the UK, I found it useful having the 'Fuel:' input available in liters since these are the units used over here. Not too much of a problem using the conversion website from the link though.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:15 AM

I think Jason is working on that, and it will be integrated with the new measurement units selector in the user control panel. So far the output is mostly working, but the input has yet to be implemented, but will be as soon as there is some time.

Scrolling to the bottom of this page is where the option can be found, if you haven't already changed it.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:56 AM
Diesel Driver

Originally Posted by Schwa
I think Jason is working on that, and it will be integrated with the new measurement units selector in the user control panel. So far the output is mostly working, but the input has yet to be implemented, but will be as soon as there is some time.

Scrolling to the bottom of this page is where the option can be found, if you haven't already changed it.
Ah yes - that's great, thanks.

It would be pretty neat to have the unit system toggle function outside of the control panel in the mileage database itself too.

The whole database viewed in imperial figures looks very impressive from a UK perspective BTW - congratulations to everyone!

Last edited by stoner; 08-17-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Site Founder

I'm closing this thread simply because version 2 has been released. I'm extremely busy at orientation week at college right now and site work has been temporarily suspended. Have faith... I have plenty of feature ideas that will soon be in development!

Old 09-09-2005, 11:34 AM

I aplogize if this has already been suggested (or not) but I had an idea.

Some folks are concerned that people may be deleting tanks to raise their LMPG.
I don't understand this as it is only hurting themselves
But....
Instead of deleting a tank and Poof it's gone without a trace, why not first ask for a reason (Manditory) and it shows up in the database as a deleted tank, and shows why it is deleted?
Possibly still displaying the deleted data?

For example last Spring I entered my HCH data for the Grand Caravan.
Wow! Suddenly my GC MPG went from ~20 to the fifties!
At least you would see the tank, the mistake and why it was deleted.

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 09-09-2005 at 11:37 AM.