K&N Air Filter for 08's

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default K&N Air Filter for 08's

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You are registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle. This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2008 FORD ESCAPE HYBRID 2.3L. Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle.

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description 2008 ESCAPE HYBRID 2.3L L4 F/I All Air Filter 33-2347 Replacement Air Filter
We appreciate your feedback, and we use product requests like yours to help us determine what new products to develop in the future. We will notify you again if any additional products become available for this type of vehicle. More information about our complete line of products is available at www.knfilters.com. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for choosing K&N!

Old 07-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: K&N Air Filter for 08's

The same part # 33-2347 fits all 2005-2007 models as well. Nice to know it did not change for 2008.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
N/A

This part number was already posted. You're absolutely correct, it is 33-2347. I guess it's official now.

Finding a K&N filter for any vehicle is actually pretty easy. Don't use the online make/model tools, because they are often incorrect. Just write down the factory part number (printed on your '08 paper filter and also listed in the owner's manual: 5M-6Z-9601-AA) then go look it up in the cross-reference section of the K&N book at your friendly local parts store. It shows if a K&N part number matches your Ford, Fram, GM, Purolator, etc. part number.

I could not find it locally so ordered one May 24 from Amazon for about $35.00, free shipping. They sent several updates saying it's back ordered, the latest one today. It's now estimated for mid August shipment, so I canceled that and re-ordered from AutoAnything dot com. $37.95, free shipping. Their site says it's in stock, but we'll see.

Last edited by mtberman; 07-10-2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: corr part num
Old 07-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtberman
They sent several updates saying it's back ordered, the latest one today. It's now estimated for mid August shipment, so I canceled that and re-ordered from AutoAnything dot com. $37.95, free shipping. Their site says it's in stock, but we'll see.
These must be in short supply for some reason, I ordered one from Summit Racing (may not be the cheapest, but I have always gotten super service from them) quite a while back & it just came yesterday.

I was in no great hurry as the filter in mine was almost new, so I waited on Summit but it did take a while.

~John

Old 07-11-2007, 03:41 PM

I ordered one from K&N directly, and got it in 2 days.

This was about 3 months ago. $42.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I ordered one from K&N directly, and got it in 2 days.

This was about 3 months ago. $42.
Did you notice any mpg improvement?

I'm debating one, but have to convince the wife unit why I need to spend another $40 for something for my new "toy"...

She understands saving money, and keeping things clean (mudflaps & cargo liner) but to explain why replacing an air filter with only 2k miles on it for a $40 one... a 1mpg increase would payfor it self in 14-18 months at +$3/gal gas.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:54 AM
N/A

Originally Posted by jmorton10
These must be in short supply for some reason, I ordered one from Summit Racing (may not be the cheapest, but I have always gotten super service from them) quite a while back & it just came yesterday.

I was in no great hurry as the filter in mine was almost new, so I waited on Summit but it did take a while.

~John
Ya after Amazon kept sending the notices that they still had not gotten it, I checked around and found they are on backorder almost everywhere. No hurry here either, as my '08 is less than 5 months old.

Anyone who needs one more quickly may want to pay the extra ten or fifteen bucks and see if ordering directly from K&N is any faster.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 PM

Keep your stock one for 10k if you are in dusty conditions.
Keep your stock one for 20k if you are totally in "clean" city conditions.
Then replace with K&N.
JMHO

Old 07-13-2007, 01:03 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by mtberman
Ya after Amazon kept sending the notices that they still had not gotten it, I checked around and found they are on backorder almost everywhere. No hurry here either, as my '08 is less than 5 months old.

Anyone who needs one more quickly may want to pay the extra ten or fifteen bucks and see if ordering directly from K&N is any faster.

Status update on 7/10 order from AutoAnything: It was shipped 7/11 and is on the way with delivery estimated for Monday 7/16. One week from order to delivery is not bad at all, especially after waiting six and a half weeks for Amazon. Oh well, I always say "you get what you pay for" so it's my own fault for choosing the lowest price.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast

If there are any updates from actual installs in 2006-07 FEH's, I would like to hear about them.
I just replaced the original AF with the Fram (CA10170 $8.99 Kragen) and would still like to go K&N, but the jury is still out on the K&N installed in the '05 Mustang which has not shown great improvement in mileage.
Thanks all!

Quick Reply: K&N Air Filter for 08's

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands