Blinking Drive Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default Blinking Drive Indicator

Today on the way to work in my '05 HAH, the Drive indicator on the dash was blinking. It continued blinking at the D when I stopped the car at a light and shifted it into other gears, so that the indicator showed the other gear (corresponding to the shift lever position) not blinking simultaneously with the blinking D. Another odd thing was that the AutoStop wouldn't quite engage. It felt as if it started to engage but then changed its mind and kept the engine running. I had to buy gas so I turned off the car, and when I started it again everything seemed back to normal.

I plan to call the dealer, but anyway has anyone else ever had this happen? The owner's manual says that if the indicator blinks, it means there could be a problem with the transmission. Great.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Blinking Drive Indicator

So I took the car to the Honda dealer. They retrieved diagnostic trouble codes B2990 and U2990 but they were able to clear them, and their explanation was that it was some "intermittent" thing. I haven't seen any more blinking from the Drive indicator after that first time two days ago. But at least now the dealer has a record of those codes showing up, in case the blinking begins again, say, just after the warranty expires ...!

Old 01-19-2007, 04:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Blinking Drive Indicator

My "drive" light also started blinking while I was out in the middle of no where in AZ (was going to Meteor Crater). I had my wife look in the manual to see what it meant. Yeap, possible transmission problem take car to Honda repair. We got to Meteor Crater and took a tour. Got back into thecar and the drive light was ok. I went to a Honda Dealer in Phoenix and they checked the code. They suspect that there was a "dirty" sensor or some hic up but everything else checked out ok. We finished our trip back to DC area from Az and haven't had a problem since. knock on wood.. oh my head hurts from knocking.

George