HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

blinking drive light

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default blinking drive light

This has been discussed once or twice in the forum, but I wanted to bring it up again in case other have taken it in to dealer.

The drive light begins blinking green. It happened to me twice when coasting in auto stop for an extended period (30 seconds to 1 minute at speeds around 15 mph).

Next time I turn engine on, drive light does not blink.

Manual says "indicates a possible problem in the transmission." One person, in a previous post needed a new transmission, but I suppose that could have been unrelated...

Old 01-13-2009, 04:09 AM
2nd Hybrid Owner
Default Re: blinking drive light

The computer has detected something wrong - get a dealer to read the code. - might be fluid, might be minor adjustment in linkage, the sooner the better. If it is the cvt band - best document with Honda that is started now.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I had this happen when my car was brand new (less than 600 miles). During the drive when it happened, it quickly degraded to the point where the car was barely drivable so I had the nearest dealership tow it in. They reset (not replaced) a transmission speed sensor and it hasn't repeated for the last 24,000 miles.

I would take your car in the next time it's flashing and see if they can read the code.

Edit: Here is a link to the post I put up after that experience--it contains the error code mine threw up: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...sgiving-11213/

Last edited by kristian; 01-13-2009 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 01-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the same problem when I turn off my car and drive it in neutral (only occasionally do it) but it does the exact same thing, doesn't seem to do any harm, and it always turns off after the car restarts so the only thing I can think of is not to drive extended periods with the engine off.

My car has over 125,000 miles and no problems, and it has been doing it for a while, so I would not worry about it

Old 01-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It could have something to do when the car is moving w/ the engine stopped. Although it's cool to drive quietly like that, there's not much point. If the engine was spinning, you might at least get a little regen and wouldn't be using much gas if any.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

My car has over 125,000 miles and no problems, and it has been doing it for a while, so I would not worry about it
Congrats, eikiel! It's always nice to hear when some has that many miles on their HCH II w/ little to no issues. I assume you still have the original pack?

Jess