HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

General Maintenance Directions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 04:43 AM
Hybrid Nutbar
Default General Maintenance Directions?

OK, so I have asked my dealership to locate an 06 Civic Hybrid Service Manual for me, that didn't work out well at all. I see many of you who post what looks like pages from a manual on repair/maintenance instructions. Where do you get these? Any place online? I'm looking for the more general stuff. Replacing the cabin air filter, checking fuel filters, shadetree mechanic kinda things.

I'm willing to purchase a manual. But online would work too. If you happen to know where I can get a Honda Factory Repair Manual that would be great. Thanks.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:32 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: General Maintenance Directions?

You can get the Service Manual as well as other training technical literature from here:

http://www.helminc.com/helm/welcome_...Q1F32BC8UF5BG2

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 03-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast

I bought a used factory 06 HCH II service manual on ebay for $30. It is the same one the Helms sells for much more.

I'm guessing that dealers get an update to the manual for each new model year, and they are supposed to throw away the old manuals. There's a big neon green sticker on the front of mine that indicates that. I guess that rather than throw them away, these manuals are getting sold on ebay for cheap.

The manual is definitely worth buying. It's already been very useful to me for an aftermarket navi install that I'm in the middle of. It's also interesting reading - there's a lot of info on how the IMA and other systems work.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast

Did you ever get anywhere with instructions on replacing the cabin filter? I have 06 and the maintenance minder tells me to replace the air and cabin filters. The dealer wants $150.00 for the cabin filter installed. When I asked him why so much he said you need to take off the glove box to access the filter? He said the filter is about $30.00, $120.00 for labor??

Old 12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Takes about 5 min. to change Go into the old posts and it is explained. Very easy to do.H

Old 12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Think green.

Wow, and I thought my dealer's price of $80 to replace the cabin filter on my '04 was high. I'd previously bought a service manual, and the procedure seemed pretty easy, even to get the glove box undone (one plastic clip is located on each side of the open glove box). The parts salesman was very helpful, telling me there were actually 2 dust & pollen filters on my car, not one...and he printed out a page from his computer showing me the positions of the filters. From what I saw on an online parts website, the '06 has one larger filter, as opposed to the 2 smaller ones I had to replace.
It only took about 5 minutes to do the procedure. Not bad for a girl.
I saved $40 doing it myself. Probably could have saved more if I'd bought the filters elsewhere.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 12-02-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: additional info.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:37 PM

The service manual does tell you how to do it. You don't need it though. It's easy as pie. The cabin filter is behind the glove box. do some searching for more info.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fasteddie
Did you ever get anywhere with instructions on replacing the cabin filter? I have 06 and the maintenance minder tells me to replace the air and cabin filters. The dealer wants $150.00 for the cabin filter installed. When I asked him why so much he said you need to take off the glove box to access the filter? He said the filter is about $30.00, $120.00 for labor??

Old 12-04-2007, 02:22 PM

fasteddie: do a search on this forum. there are numerous threads about cabin air filters.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Think green.

There are also some YouTube videos regarding the changing of cabin filters.
I found a good one. It's for the Honda Accord, and perhaps the glove box has a different latch than your HCH II, but the video gives you a decent idea how to do the filter replacement. Before I did mine, I examined the clips on each side of my glove box, then got brave and tried undoing them. No harm done.
Anyway, here's that video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFHUJJ6Rc6s

There are videos for other Honda vehicles, but I didn't find a good one for the HCH. I did find a thread on a Civic forum where someone explained the procedure for the HCH II:

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/18...006-where.html

Last edited by Gairwyn; 12-04-2007 at 10:04 PM. Reason: additional info

Quick Reply: General Maintenance Directions?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands