HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

20psi gggrrr.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:21 PM
F**k ExxonMobil
Default Re: 20psi gggrrr.....

i changed my mind about mounting it in the storage box, so i mounted it here with velcro:

i had someone else hook up the wires, but when i took pix, i noticed he wired it differently from what you suggested. do you see any problem with this wiring, santos? the only strange thing i notice is when i turn the unit off and shut off the car and then start it back up, the unit comes on automatically. is this normal?

Old 03-31-2007, 07:10 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Matt, nothing wrong with it at all. And yes, that behavior appears normal.

As a matter of fact, I'll be posting a new thread with my pics in it and perhaps you can add yours in as well. I'll add a little more info too.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 03-31-2007, 10:58 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

thanks, santos. i'd be glad to contribute to your thread.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

I went a lot more low tech. WalMart has these valve stem caps for less than $5 that change colors if the tire pressure drops below 27psi. They are made for tires with recommended 32 psi, but if I still check the pressure manually on a regular basis this will at least alert me in between if a tire drops below 27psi. I just walk around the car and check the color of the caps. Heck, it beats kicking the tires!! haha

5/25/07 Went to WalMart again and exchanaged the 32psi caps for 36psi caps...they change colors at under 31 psi. I haven't tried increasing my psi yet...still breaking the car in, but at least I'll know when I have a low tire.

Last edited by okie mom; 05-27-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

After finding a nail in the outer tread of one of my tires at 1,000 miles from new, I am now the lucky owner of 2 new tires. While purchasing said tires I asked the "tire guy" to inflate all tires to 35 psi each. He said he couldn't do it, only to the specifications of the car. Alright then, I just asked that he be sure to transfer my 36 psi valve caps to the new tires. Drove off the caps were green so I figured I had the car's recommended pressure of 32 psi.

Funny thing happened yesterday. One of the caps was showing red (low air warning at less than 31 psi). So I go to air it up. It has 36 psi in it, the cap was twisted back enough that it did not register. I tightened it back on (green, ok) and checked the other tires. They were all at 36 psi. The guy who changed out the tires must have seen the caps and inflated to 36 psi. I wonder if the same thing would happen at the dealer??

No wonder I've been getting 55 MPG on the current tank!!! (very little a/c has helped as well, gotta love this cool weather)

Old 06-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Nita, that is a good way to go. I thought those things were history, but I guess not. I'm going to get me four of those. H

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands