Dropped TCH

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Dropped TCH

OK, who is going to be the first to drop their TCH? The TRD lowering springs for the 07Camry have finally hit the market. I would love to install these springs as soon as I get enough money to upgrade my wheels to 18", it's not worth dropping the car on the stock 16" wheels.

http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-CEGI-EA.aspx

Old 09-10-2006, 04:51 AM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Dropped TCH

And if you didn't have a sunroof you might have enough headroom to chop off the top two inches of the roof. That might help FE.

How about just dropping the front and not the rear so the car is always going downhill???

Last edited by WVGasGuy; 09-10-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=How about just dropping the front and not the rear so the car is always going downhill???[/QUOTE]

I've gotta hand it to ya, Joe, that's a unique solution. I couldn't stop chuckling.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Hooked on Hybrid
Talking Re: Dropped TCH

Thanks for the link on the TRD springs... the mod is on my list! I just did a 1+ on the wheels -- from 16's to 17's that were takeoffs from an '06 Avalon Touring. I like the TRD 18's, but wheels $$ + tires $$ was getting pricey and I wanted to go to 55 series profile and not on down to 50 series.

Here is the car with the 17's:

And here it is Photoshopped to lower 1.2" front and 1.4" back as the TRD springs do:

Sweeeet!! I need to look under and see what you lose ground clearance wise. I'm also trying to source the slightly stiffer sway bars off an '07 SE or an '06/'07 Avalon Touring (I think they are the same) -- I'll try Toyota Parts as a collision repair item. Just don't think I'll find a totaled car with undamaged ones yet... THC's rock!!

Old 09-11-2006, 04:56 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by flopshot
upgrade my wheels to 18", ..
Are 16" stock wheels with stock tires any different in actual outside tire diameter than and 18" wheels and low profile tires?

Old 09-11-2006, 08:07 AM
WVGasGuy

Are 16" stock wheels with stock tires any different in actual outside tire diameter than and 18" wheels and low profile tires?

It depends, they won't be if sized improperly. See this link to determine

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...foTireMath.jsp

Old 09-11-2006, 11:18 AM

Here is a tire size calculator where you can see the impact on the outside diameter when changing your wheel and tire sizes. Note that this calculator doesn't really tell you the impact on the width of your tires, and you must make sure that your new tires fit inside the lip of your wheel well.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html

Old 09-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
And if you didn't have a sunroof you might have enough headroom to chop off the top two inches of the roof. That might help FE.

How about just dropping the front and not the rear so the car is always going downhill???
You're funny!

Old 09-11-2006, 03:18 PM

The first 07Camry bodykit has also hit the streets, to further make your TCH aerodynamic and improve FE. it's similar to the SE bodykit. I think in the name of research, you should all pitch in $10 each and send me the money to purchase this bodykit, and I will install it on my car and give everyone some detailed feedback. Paypal will be accepted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GROUN...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 09-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
The first 07Camry bodykit has also hit the streets, to further make your TCH aerodynamic and improve FE. it's similar to the SE bodykit. I think in the name of research, you should all pitch in $10 each and send me the money to purchase this bodykit, and I will install it on my car and give everyone some detailed feedback. Paypal will be accepted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GROUN...QQcmdZViewItem

To me these kits always have the effect of giving the car an American, 1990's GM look with all of the bolted on plastic on the lower panels:

Well, OK, maybe not that bad, but still...

Quick Reply: Dropped TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands