Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Hybrid owners--Metro Detroit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Green Missionary
Default Re: Hybrid owners--Metro Detroit?

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
But, if that's what you want to do, that's fine, just don't be surprised if I'm a party pooper.
Rich,

I tend to agree with you. I, personally, find it annoying to have stuff thrust at me unexpectedly.

Would it be an appropriate compromise if we just wore something to identify ourselves as hybriders? (I have my cap from the "Dearborn Experience," for example.) That way we could chat with others who initiated interest in hybrids without imposing ourselves on those who don't.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by John M. Dwyer
Rich,

I tend to agree with you. I, personally, find it annoying to have stuff thrust at me unexpectedly.

Would it be an appropriate compromise if we just wore something to identify ourselves as hybriders? (I have my cap from the "Dearborn Experience," for example.) That way we could chat with others who initiated interest in hybrids without imposing ourselves on those who don't.

Of course, I was planning on wearing my GH shirt (though with cold temps, probably under a sweatshirt or coat), and my FEH Experience hat.

Besides, I just heard that Dephi workers are going to be picketing the front gates at the IAS, I don't think that would be the best environment to be preaching about hybrids.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:50 AM
reformed speed demon

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Not to be a jerk or anything, but I wasn't really thinking about handing anything out, GH or hybrid, just a get together to meet some of the fellow board/hybrid owners and to enjoy the Auto show.
no problem...i just thought letting people know about this site would be cool with some of the little business card size flyers. not a massive papering campaign or anything. i'm a pack rat by nature, so i always come home from the auto show with tons of things i don't need

as for the delphi picket line...i'm not a union person myself (other family is), but i'm pretty sketchy about crossing picket lines. i know the unions aren't perfect, but i prefer not to do it. guess it'll be closer to the show dates to know what's going on with that.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Green Missionary

Does anyone know whether the Delphi picket is an "informational" picket or a "boycott" picket? I doubt it is the latter. If it is the former there should be no problem crossing it (although the picketers would appreciate it if we exchanged a pleasant word with them).

I have found the best way to advocate something is to be prominant (but not ostentatious). As my grandmother used to say, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." (I never did find out what she did with all those flies - or even why she wanted them.)

So something to identify ourselves as "hybriders" seems reasonable. Even a little name tag with one of the hybrid logos on it might be sufficient. Rather than being seen as pestering, we might actually get some to start thinking seriously about hybrids for the first time.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Green Missionary

Those interested in getting together for a group visit to the NAIAS should respond to the thread on this topic.