Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Events & Gatherings (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/)
-   -   Michigan Roll Call (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/michigan-roll-call-5542/)

Pravus Prime 01-06-2007 04:12 PM

Re: Michigan Roll Call

Well, if there's any among you who's in the media, I'll be at the NAIAS as media this year, starting tomorrow I'll be there.

bwilson4web 01-07-2007 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime (Post 105531)
Well, if there's any among you who's in the media, I'll be at the NAIAS as media this year, starting tomorrow I'll be there.

I'd be interested in hearing which GM plants are going to build what hybrid parts.

Bob Wilson

Sledge 01-09-2007 10:03 AM

I may be at NAIAS this weekend. We'll see.

mppkll 01-16-2007 12:12 PM

Went to NAIAS Monday. The FEH for '07 has a new NAV system and a new interior, both looked very nice! I was bummed that it did not have the "Sync" that Ford just announced and the '08 will not have it either.

Chevy was displaying the Volt. The Volt is an all electric drive car that has a gas generator backup for "plug-in" use when electric is avalable or gas use when not. It has about a 50 mile range on electric and 600 miles with the ICE powered generator. GM has said it will produce the Volt but did not give a date for production.

Pravus Prime 01-16-2007 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mppkll (Post 106777)
Went to NAIAS Monday. The FEH for '07 has a new NAV system and a new interior, both looked very nice! I was bummed that it did not have the "Sync" that Ford just announced and the '08 will not have it either.

'08 was on display, not the '07.

mppkll 01-17-2007 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime (Post 106834)
'08 was on display, not the '07.

oops. should have been '08 & '09 respectively

TeeSter 01-19-2007 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by mppkll (Post 106777)

Chevy was displaying the Volt. The Volt is an all electric drive car that has a gas generator backup for "plug-in" use when electric is avalable or gas use when not. It has about a 50 mile range on electric and 600 miles with the ICE powered generator. GM has said it will produce the Volt but did not give a date for production.

From the press release the Volt is sort of vaporware. The press release acknowledges that they have to wait for the battery technology to catch up to the spec required. Nice idea... I'd love to see it, but knowing GM.....

tbaleno 01-19-2007 02:27 PM

The battery tech is there. We talked to both Jonson Controls and A123 and both manufacturers have packs ready to go. While the volt as it was seen is not going into production, it looks like something based on the technology will be in a few years.

Unfortunatly it seems Ford has nothing. But stay tuned I hear their ads are going to be better.

mppkll 01-25-2007 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by tbaleno (Post 107633)
Unfortunatly it seems Ford has nothing. But stay tuned I hear their ads are going to be better.

Ford is showing an Edge Plug-in/Fuel Cell Electric Hybrid at the Wash. D.C. auto show this week. Check out the article I posted in the Ford Escape Hybrid board.

elscoot 03-30-2007 07:19 AM

Hello, all. Scott here. I live in the Lansing area...bought a TCH on the day before the tax break was cut in half at the end of September. Current tank at just over 36, up from around 32 mpg during the coldest of winter. I'm interested in knowing about any more attempts to get together in '07.

esctu 04-29-2007 10:31 PM

Hi All,
I recently purchased a '08 FEH.

Mke,
In Detroit metro area

Pravus Prime 04-30-2007 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by esctu (Post 122990)
Hi All,
I recently purchased a '08 FEH.

Mke,
In Detroit metro area

Welcome to our little club Mike! And a real close one to me I'm guessing. (I live in Warren, near 12 and Ryan.)

I've been meaning to get down and drive the '08 FEH, so all of us with the older models can get a feel for how differently she performs. I just recently heard that there's no need to double tap with the '08. Any words on that?

ltlfrog 05-01-2007 10:45 AM

OK, I'll check in. Didn't realize there was a forum for it...

I've had an '05 Ford Escape Hybrid since the day they started delivering them to Mid-Michigan. Bought it in Chelsea, live in Stockbridge (quick, find it on a map!!!), work in Lansing. See a grey FEH with a 'LTLFROG' license plate and that is me. Honk or something.

Also a semi-professional orchid grower, so I load up the little Escape with orchids all the time. Main reason I bought the Escape, the Prius would have been too small.

Pravus Prime 05-30-2007 01:20 PM

Hello Michiganders,

For those interested, we could always use this if nothing else to meet up with one another, and maybe meet some new people:

Originally Posted by Sierra Club
It’s time to prepare for the Woodward Dream Cruise HYBRID festivities! This year the Woodward Dream Cruise will be held on August 18. We are looking for Hybrid Vehicle owners to participate in the cruise. Participation includes a press event on Thursday, August 16 from 6 PM – 7:30 PM and cruisin’ from 11 AM – 1 PM on Saturday, August 18. Our goal is to educate the public about hybrid technology and other available technologies!

Please contact Leigh to let her know you’d like to join our Hybrid Cruise at (248) 549-6213.

I did the cruise with them 2 years ago, but wasn't able to go last year.

Also, since we're in June, the weather is warm and the MPGs are up, anyone have any thoughts on a Michigan Hybrid Club Group Meeting?

nimhbug 05-31-2007 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime (Post 127052)
Hello Michiganders,
For those interested, we could always use this if nothing else to meet up with one another, and maybe meet some new people:
Also, since we're in June, the weather is warm and the MPGs are up, anyone have any thoughts on a Michigan Hybrid Club Group Meeting?

i'm interested, but that's too far ahead for my brain to think at the moment ;) i am liking the warmer weather tho...my current tank is averaging almost 35 MPG.

and rich, i just noticed your note from a few weeks ago, and my father-in-law lives near 12 and dequinder. i've probably driven right past you and didn't even know! :)

Pravus Prime 06-01-2007 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by nimhbug (Post 127282)
i'm interested, but that's too far ahead for my brain to think at the moment ;) i am liking the warmer weather tho...my current tank is averaging almost 35 MPG.

and rich, i just noticed your note from a few weeks ago, and my father-in-law lives near 12 and dequinder. i've probably driven right past you and didn't even know! :)

Heh, maybe. I saw a woman in a FEH, not that long ago (3-4 weeks?). On Mound, traveling South, I was next to/behind her from about 15 Mile on South until I turned at 12 Mile, but she didn't. It was green, with the appearance packaged. Pre-2007 FEH. I saw her again on 13 Mile, between Dequindre and Ryan, as I recall.

She was driving pretty well, hypermiling probably, as she wasn't going much faster than I was.

Ah, bestill my heart, a pretty lady in a FEH! ;)

Anywho, to the rest of you, what say you?

*Knocks on screen* Hello, hello? Anyone there? Roger me, Wilco me, anything, hello hello!

tcampb01 07-05-2007 11:52 AM

I never noticed this thread until I caught the link in Pravus' signature. I'm in Dearborn and I have an '05 FEH and an '06 Prius.

Sledge 07-09-2007 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Hello Michiganders,

So you want me to go to the Woodward Dream Cruise so I can get yelled at and flipped off by people who refuse to accept our energy consumption problem while celebrating ancient, overweight, overpowered, poor handling, gas glutton muscle cars which are more about stroking one's ego than anything else? No thanks.

nimhbug 07-16-2007 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime (Post 127482)
*Knocks on screen* Hello, hello? Anyone there? Roger me, Wilco me, anything, hello hello!

haven't checked in for ages...just logging tanks here and there. someone was following me at the taco bell drive thru the other night, right at the corner of grand river and 8 mile! young guy talking on a cell phone. FEH looked identical to mine, dark silver paint, 2006 model i'm guessing. anyway, i was amused.

i'm sitting at home this evening recording some old cassette tapes into my computer (to convert to cd) since i couldn't get a tape deck with my nav system ;)

Pravus Prime 07-17-2007 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sledge (Post 133280)
So you want me to go to the Woodward Dream Cruise so I can get yelled at and flipped off by people who refuse to accept our energy consumption problem while celebrating ancient, overweight, overpowered, poor handling, gas glutton muscle cars which are more about stroking one's ego than anything else? No thanks.

Uhhh. Yeah? :confused:

I'll admit it was mostly ridiculing and whatnot, but that was 2 years ago. I'm sure attitudes have changed since then... :P LOL, yeah right. Besides, how do I know, maybe most of you are members and were planning on showing up? I just put it out there just in case.

Originally Posted by Nimhbug
haven't checked in for ages...just logging tanks here and there. someone was following me at the taco bell drive thru the other night, right at the corner of grand river and 8 mile! young guy talking on a cell phone. FEH looked identical to mine, dark silver paint, 2006 model i'm guessing. anyway, i was amused.

Heh. I seldomly see a fellow FEH anymore. Ironically, when Wayne Gerdes (xcel) was in town, and I was taking he and his wife out to dinner, spotted 3 that day, 2 in the parking lot.

Your best bet to ever see me is between John R and Gratiot, 11 mile to Hall (20 mile), that's about 99% of where I go. Mine's dark shadow gray, GH license plate frame on a bridge plate, no roof rack, and I've got a beard. If the FEH you see meets all those criteria, it just may be me.

I also occasionally make it out to weekends to the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village.

Anyway, if any of you are heading out to hybridfest, see you there. If not, let's talk about an August get together, eh? There seems to be enough of us, we should form a club anyway.

Sledge 07-18-2007 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime (Post 134447)
Uhhh. Yeah? :confused:

I'll admit it was mostly ridiculing and whatnot, but that was 2 years ago. I'm sure attitudes have changed since then... :P LOL, yeah right. Besides, how do I know, maybe most of you are members and were planning on showing up? I just put it out there just in case.

I think I'll just see you at HF2k7 in two days and forget about the Dream Cruise :)

Prius Prime 11-27-2007 11:03 AM

I finally remembered to sign in here.

This is Prius Prime, 08 Prius.

Macomb, Michigan

cbibbs 04-10-2008 03:04 AM

Yup, we own a FEH and live in Royal Oak.

I dread the Dream Cruise, but only because I live at 13 & Woodward so the festivities screw-up my drive to the grocery store.

Doug121041 04-30-2008 05:37 PM

I own a 2008 MMH (2WD) and spend the summers in Michigan (Grand Haven & Chesterfield where my kids live) However, I have a home in southern Alabama and spend the winters there and that is my legal domicile.

DetroitMike 05-01-2008 05:45 AM

Michigander born and raised. Am actually just in the process of moving back to Michigan from the Minneapolis area where my wife and I have lived for the past two years.

rocket 06-16-2008 03:52 AM

I live in Novi and work in Troy. I own a 2005 2WD Ford Escape Hybrid. What a great car... I have leather and the AC outlet. I am very impressed. Now if only I can get Navigation and Sirius going I would be a happy camper. LoL :)

nimhbug 06-16-2008 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by rocket (Post 176867)
I live in Novi and work in Troy. I own a 2005 2WD Ford Escape Hybrid. What a great car... I have leather and the AC outlet. I am very impressed. Now if only I can get Navigation and Sirius going I would be a happy camper. LoL :)

ha! we need to carpool to work (if time allows). i'm in livonia off 8 mile and work in troy too, right across from somerset mall. my 06 FEH is a superstar and i've always called it a rocket ship. :)

redcranes 07-10-2008 05:48 PM

hello,born in detroit,lived near for 54 years.:)

ddderek 07-29-2008 05:10 PM

Another Escape owner in Southeast MI here...

Pravus Prime 04-28-2009 06:43 PM

Lets give this a bump, shall we? I saw a new Insight today, and a FEH. Saturday I saw a RX 400H, and and FEH.

John M. Dwyer 04-29-2009 06:11 AM

Hi all,

I saw a new Insight in the parking lot the other day. In the past I have seen a face-lifted FEH or two, a Prius, and a SVH (Saturn Vue Hybrid).

This site and this thread seems to have a life cycle of its own. Periods of inactivity interspersed with periods of hyperactivity.