Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Events & Gatherings (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/)
-   -   Phoenix - Valley of the Sun (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/events-gatherings-16/phoenix-valley-sun-5171/)

AZMerf 12-27-2005 06:50 PM

Phoenix - Valley of the Sun

Anybody interested in getting together? There is a car show in the valley every Saturday night. They typically have hot roders and all sorts of stuff at the Pavillions on Indian Bend. We wouldn't have to enter our cars but it might be a good place to meet and give everyone something to do.

Or we could met and/or do something else.

bar10dah 12-27-2005 07:08 PM

Re: Phoenix - Valley of the Sun

I don't really care for the Pavillions, but would meet up there if everyone else wanted to.

AZMerf 12-27-2005 07:38 PM

Nope, that was only one suggestion. Where else would be good? I might depend on where everyone is coming from (Tucson, East Valley, etc). North Phoenix here so just about anywhere in the valley is convenient.

billy6 12-30-2005 12:23 PM

Hi Merf; I live near Seattle, WA. I will be flying into Sky Harbor on Jan 21 on other business. How about let's all get together somewhere for food or dessert on Saturday night, Jan 21? I can get Ricky (moderator @ Insight Central) to bring his new 2006 HCH, and I could drive his Insight. I could also get a couple other Insight owners to show up. Would that work? Billy....

bar10dah 12-30-2005 01:50 PM

Dependent on work, count me in! :)

Rick 12-31-2005 03:43 PM

Count me in. I think I could get several people from Insight Central to come. I meet with the electric auto association at the Pavillions twice a year. We generally get a pretty good response. Arranging charging over there is a pain though.

Here's a thought, if you guys want to meet at say the TGI Fridays located inside Chase Field I can bring my electric car since there is a charging station on the east side of the ball park. That may be a good centralized location to meet, but wherever will work for me.

AZMerf 01-01-2006 07:25 AM

That sounds good to me. I had to think for a minute where is Chase Field ... It's going to take a while to forget referring to it as BOB. What time are you getting into Sky Harbor and what is a good time to meet? I would like to see your electric car since it's sort of the genesis of all this.

AZMerf 01-01-2006 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rick
Count me in. I think I could get several people from Insight Central to come. I meet with the electric auto association at the Pavillions twice a year. We generally get a pretty good response. Arranging charging over there is a pain though.

Rick:

When is your next semi-annual meeting at the Pavillions? We love to go (it's a cheap night out) and could make our next trip coinside with your meeting.

Rick 01-01-2006 09:56 AM

We just had one in October (I think) so the next one will probably be in the spring some time. Watch the web site www.phoenixeaa.com we welcome hybrids too.

bar10dah 01-04-2006 08:03 PM

Speaking of BOB, er... Chase Field... any of you ever been to a Diamondbacks game? During the national anthem do you ever pay any attention to the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force as they're out on the field with our nation's flag and our respective service's flag? I'm one of the Air Force guys. http://www.speedextreme.com/keith/smileys/patriot.gif

I still remember the opening game for this past season. We were being televised. I told my friends and family back home to watch. Well wouldn't you know it as soon as the national anthem started, they cut to commercial! They came back on as the opening pitch was thrown... :angry:

So anyways, when are we meeting? The 21st? What time? Where?