Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Phoenix - Valley of the Sun

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Phoenix - Valley of the Sun

Originally Posted by bar10dah
So anyways, when are we meeting? The 21st? What time? Where?
I made my suggestion, but I can do anywhere you guys want to.

Speaking of which I almost foregot to request that night off work.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

<<going back to read Rick's suggestion>>

I wouldn't mind doing Chase Field. Anywhere is fine for me, as well. Just as long as I don't have to work that night. I'm on-call this whole month.

Out of curiosity, when and how much are you selling your Insight for?

And, what color is your HCH? I saw my first HCHII yesterday. It was parked at the Enlisted club on Luke AFB. It was dark gray. When I went back to drop off a GH flyer on it's windshield, it was already gone!! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

I haven't really decided on how much the Insight will be for sale for yet, but I'm thinking whatever KBB private party value is and I'm going to be firm on it for several reasons. One the car is in extremely good shape. The only little things are there are two small little door dings in the drivers side rear quarter panel (could be tapped out) and there's a fair amount of rock chips in the front of the car, which is very typical for Insights. I have a full custom leather interior in the car as well (seriously full leather, no vinyl at all), which I know I'll never get my money back out of. And on top of that it's getting a brand new IMA battery here whenever Honda gets it delivered. On top of that I have meticulous service records and the car is very very clean.

The Civic is alabaster silver, though it's actually being sold to a relative as soon as my opal blue one comes in. In the mean time I'm just breaking it in for him .

I have at least one other person from Insight Central who said he'd come, and I only sent out a bunch of PM's last night late so I am hoping to get other replies.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:35 AM

Saturday at Chase fields sounds good to me. Someone just needs to pick a time (wasn't Brian flying in and trying to make it?). I don't work that day so just about any time should be good. I would think it would be good to meet when it's light out still.

Rick, did you get your temp silver with a nav system?

Old 01-05-2006, 11:46 AM

Have you checked to see if there's anything happening downtown that night? Would suck if the area was packed and we had a hard time finding parking and locating each other.

Old 01-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Silver Civic does not have navi.

There is nothing scheduled for Chase Field that night, but I'll also check America West.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Post Re: Phoenix - Valley of the Sun

Coolness. So far, five of us are in. My wife may also come.

AZMerf
bar10dah
billy6
Rick
azwildbill2
AZReporterSeeksEnthusiasts

Where are the rest of you AZ guys/gals?? Are ya in? Even you folks that live within a relatively close radius of Phoenix. Come on out! I can even put up a pilot or two for the night if you want to come into town.

Last edited by bar10dah; 01-20-2006 at 03:33 PM. Reason: adding names to the list
Old 01-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

I will be there also. Question - where are we going to park at Chase field?

Old 01-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've got a probably and a maybe at Insight Central.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/...pic.php?t=4114

I'm meeting with the electric auto association this Saturday and half of them have hybrids too so I'll mention the meet and might be able to get a few other people to come.

Parking, I guess there are near by parking garages. If you guys want to go somewhere else that was just my suggestion if anyone wants to see my electric car because there is a charging station there. I can drive the hybrid anywhere of course.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:59 PM

Anyone familiar with Thomas "Shanty" Hogan? We did his flag folding ceremony yesterday.

Quick Reply: Phoenix - Valley of the Sun

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands