Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Texas Country (Houston?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Site Founder
Default Texas Country (Houston?)

I'll be attending Rice University for my undergraduate studies next year. Who all's from Houston and Texas Country?

Old 03-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Jason, I'm from the Houston area, have fun at Rice and watch out for the Gingerman...lol lots of suds. Are you bringing your Prius? Kevin

Old 03-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Site Founder

The Gingerman? I'm likely bringing the car. I need to double-check with State Farm. If there's no way to simply pay a few weeks/months of the year, for $2000 annually you bet I'm brining it with me!

Old 10-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Dan
MPG Centurion
Default Re: Texas Country (Houston?)

Hello again Jason, found your thread, not sure if it's still active.

I'm from north Houston and would like to get a Houston club going. The Rice Village area would probably be a great place to meet. Two Rows / Gingerman. Anyway, I'm not getting my Prius till January to cash in on that Uncle Sam rebate!

Cheers and hope your enjoying Houston.

PS. Hurricains aren't as common as they appear!

Old 10-31-2005, 08:05 AM
My Wife's car but my toy!

I'm not getting my hybrid until Jan 06 either. Maybe we can start planning a meeting in Houston for Feb or Mar. I ride with a motorcycle club and we often do a Houston to Galveston run. It's not that far and we could have a timed MPG contest for each model present. (timed so no one does 35mph the whole way). I think we will find a lot more new hybrids on the road after Jan. Quite a few people are waiting on that tax credit!

Old 11-01-2005, 07:43 AM
Dan
MPG Centurion

Don't know when I'm getting mine... most of my leads went cold and after doing the math on the tax credit, I realized I didn't need to buy until august. Figured either the feeding frenzy on hybrids will have died down by then, or will be about the same. Don't expect it to get worse.

I'd be interested in any gatherings as a general GH Houston club, or a Hybrid houston club, or just a FE houston club. So if your within a road trip of Houston, and reading this post, your welcome.

I'm still having fun with my MX-6 and looks like I might hit a 600 mile tank. Friends think I'm nuts, so I must be doing something right

Old 02-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Dan
MPG Centurion

Blow the dust off this thread. Well I finally got my Prius Jan '07. I'm still in Houston and looking to get some Houston groups together.

I'll be presenting on Hybrids at a Plano conference in May, and I'm trying to submit abstracts for Houston's Earth day celebrations. I'll try to post info about the events.

The Plano Event is here:
http://www.plano.gov/Departments/Env...in+Plano+Expo/

I don't see any fees, and I've also been told they are trying to get reserved parking for Hybrids

Anyway, from my brute force search, I turned up over 40 Texans here, so let us know what's going on in your part of the Lone Star.

I'll suggest a time and place to meet either in March or late February.

Let me know if anyone could think of a good circuit to drive without stop signs or sharp turns.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ok, I found this thread ..Dan!

You were talking about getting the tax credit in an earlier post in this thread. I guess, the full tax credit expired last year at the end of Sep 2006, and the half credit ended by the end of Dec 2006. Anyone, correct me if I am wrong ..??!

Anyways. I am sure, you will still enjoy a bunch of other benefits from this great car! And if they have announced some other tax credit in the last few days ..soemthing which I might have missed in the news ... then, I am surely happy for you!

Have fun in your new toy, buddy!

Regards.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Dan
MPG Centurion
Thumbs up Re: Texas Country (Houston?)

WhoOOP more Texans.

Anyone else gonna chime in?

Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I live in Frisco (Just North of Plano) So I am definitely interested. March would be better for a meet for me.

Quick Reply: Texas Country (Houston?)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands