Delivery Time

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Enthusiast

I have had a Prius on order since early Nov (Deposit made). I have been on the top of the list at my dealership since early Jan. I will not mention the dealership but the salesperson who no longer works their lied about the ordering process. I am now begining to wonder why they don't get any deliveries. Toyota has increased the production 4 times but hasn't gotten a car to this dealership in over 2 months. Looking at the inventory of arrivals to the SE I see they are putting 10K of options on many of the cars now including 17" wheels at $1400. If Toyota keeps this stuff up they are going to loose repeat buyers. At this point I think I will check into a order on the Accord Hybrid. Anyone else feed up with the delays and outright lies by Toyota. Have fun, Rick

Old 03-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Site Founder

Rick,

It is important that you contact your dealer and get the whole truth. If they have not received a single car in 2 months, they may not receive another car. Prius allocations are based on past sales, and it's proportional to how well they sold the Classic. If they failed to sell any, or 1 or 2 Prius previously, they may not receive another!

Old 03-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

a little off, but the same thing applies to the insight...alot of dealers wont see them.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Enthusiast

Please call around to local dealers before you give up. I live in Ft. Collins, outside of Denver, and everyone there was claiming 3-5 months. I called around, trying to find little dealers, and I found a Seaside Pearl #9 coming into a tiny dealership in Laramie, WY. One deposit by phone, and I had my car a week later (could have gotten earlier, but it was the earliest I could get off of duty from Ft. Carson).

Obviously, Toyota doesn't have a good plan for distributing cars. However, we the consumers can take advantage of it with some effort.

Good luck,
Jeanne
Seaside Pearl #9 - 268 miles

Old 03-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

Just an update that my car is expected on 18 April. I did confirm the week before with the dealer regarding vehicles received. He claimed that no dealership was getting a preference in the SE region. Anyway the time 7 Nov to 18 April for me. Have fun, RIck

Old 03-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Jeanne, could you tell me what dealer you got it from?

Old 04-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast

We picked up our new 04 Prius Silver Package 9 today. My wife is still sitting in the car trying to figure out all the electronics. Anyway the car is great but I am not thrilled with the dealer. They decided that due to demand they would not honor their sales price that we had negotiated on 7 Nov 04 despite the fact that it was in writing. They added another 470.00 to the written contract price of 26450. After waiting 6 months we went ahead and took the car paying the full MSRP now. When they offered me the extended service contract I declined on the basis that why would I think they will honor that contract when they arn't honoring a contract signed by a sales rep and dealership manager. The funny thing is that nearly every employee at the dealership that I spoke to regarding this thought it was wrong but said their was nothing that they could do. (The owner was not there).
I know I could have taken it to court and won but theres the issue of the time that I would have to take off and that while I would likely get my price I might be back in the waiting list for the SE distributor. Have fun, Rick

Old 04-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Site Founder

Rick,

Congratulations on your new car! What will you name her?
You could have, at the least, _threatened_ to sue. It would waste their time and money as much as yours.

Jason

Old 04-17-2004, 03:41 AM
Enthusiast

I figure a letter to Toyota along with copies of the contracts and the threat that I will have no further dealing with the company should do them more harm than paying a few hundred dollars at small claims court. I'll have to think of a name. Have fun, RIck

Old 04-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

ooo, dont forget the all important... i will no longer recomend your buisness.

Quick Reply: Delivery Time

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands