How did you choose your Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default How did you choose your Prius?

I've all but given up on getting a Prius, since there are never any around to test drive, and I will not go into a new car that I cannot test first.

How did you pick yours? Did you find one to drive? Drive a friends, or perhaps, just purchased blind?

Just being curious mind you.

Eric the Grey

Old 09-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How did you choose your Prius?

Where do you live Eric? I can help you find one. They are out there, you just sometimes have to work a little harder than normal to find them......

Old 09-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Bourbon Enthusiast

Yeah, I preordered an 06' end of July but at that time they had 7 or 8 05's still sitting on the lot for sale. Just keep looking aroud or get help from the many on these forums.

My friend has had 2 Prius' now, an 01 and an 04. He's been happy with them and I liked everything about the both of them so when I was in the market it was a no brainer to go with a Prius, especially with the rising gas prices.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lars-ss
Where do you live Eric? I can help you find one. They are out there, you just sometimes have to work a little harder than normal to find them......
I live in the Denver, CO metro area. So far, none of the dealers I've been to have had them in stock. One sales woman I spoke to said she "might" have one available near the first week of Sept, but last time she looked, there was ONLY that one.

People sure seem to like 'em.

Eric the Grey

Old 09-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Living in CO, the financial incentives are well .. mind boggling. Between state and 2006 Federal, it is about $6K for the Prius. I think the HCH is similar, but am less sure on that car.

Can you put some money down to guarantee price and delivery in '06 ? I reccommend you email some dealers outside of Denver and the known green towns. I bet you can find a helpful dealer.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Enthusiast

I did not test drive. I was ready to make the change to a hybrid because of the rising cost of gas. I chose the Toyota Prius because of the MPG, the looks and from what I read on the Internet.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

I simply fell in love with Toyota as a company based on my last car (still have it!) - a 1994 Corolla 5-speed which had 1 or 2 minor repairs in 273,000 miles. The exhaust system and clutch are even still original, and I had one brake job in that time. Add to that that I hate waste of any kind in general and that the Prius is bigger AND more economical (on gas) than the '94 Corolla - I ordered one without even seeing one close-up.