I am also a recent Insight owner.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default I am also a recent Insight owner.

Hello guys,

I've been lurking at Insight Central for a long time and recently started to post there after I got my new Isight- a 06 5spd Silverstone Metallic. My BF and I have named it Ghibli.

I recently found you guys, so I wanted to join up and chat with fellow Insight owners here, too!

I love my new car, it's getting anywhere from 60-80+mpg. I'm in So Cal with rolling canyons, no big hills. I think the warmer weather is also helping out with the mpg.

Hello!

Catty

Old 05-28-2006, 04:59 AM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: I am also a recent Insight owner.

Good for you on being able to pick up one of the last MT Insights. I wish I was in the position where I could get an additional late model, it would be cool to have a first year and last year model Insight even though they are still virtually identical. I feel they "might" have worked out the IMA issues on the late model.

Old 05-28-2006, 08:16 AM
Enthusiast

Welcome Catty. I too started out on Insight Central about a month ago when I took delivery of my blue 06 5spd w/ac. The site gave me a good education on the Insight, however much of what is there is dated. Not too many people chatting there of late either.

Shortly after I got my Insight, we were listening to an old ELO record, 21st Century Man I think, and my wife nicknamed the car, Hovercar, hence my handle. She's more comfortable in her big Lex 400, but likes the fact that I am saving money on fuel on my commute - was driving a Silverado at 17mpg. I am a new comer too, but I think you'll like the chat here - very informative and friendly group. John

Old 05-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Enthusiast

I am soooooo glad I was able to get the last insight. I don't think we'll see another like it. i like to think of mine as a performance vehicle similar to the NSX, except if wasn't built for speed- it was built for efficiency.

I've been getting grat gas mileage so far in So Cal. I'm thinking about doing an oil change at 500 miles after the break-in. I've heard from several mechanics that it's not a bad idea, as a new engine sloughs off minute metal particulates during the break-in period moreso than at any other time.

Good times! This vehicle is allowing my BF and I to do some road trips that are much more affordable due to the excellent mileage.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cattygurl
I'm thinking about doing an oil change at 500 miles after the break-in. I've heard from several mechanics that it's not a bad idea, as a new engine sloughs off minute metal particulates during the break-in period moreso than at any other time.

I would recommend against performing the initial oil change sooner then what Honda specifies.

The break-in oil in the engine has special additives (mainly
molybdenum disulfide) that are intended to properly break-in the rotating parts and seal the rings in the cylinders.

Even though you think you are helping your engine, you may be doing harm.