Airbag warning light

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Airbag warning light

Tonight, after making a hard stop to avoid a collision, My "side airbag off" light came on. it went off soon after but continued to go on and off at intervals. Anyone seen this?

BTW: 05 HCH with CVT

Clay

Old 10-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Airbag warning light

My "side airbag off" light came on briefly the other day, and though it was curious, I can't recall what the situation was at the time. I remember I was stopped though.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:30 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Ahhhhh, I bet you had something in the passenger seat. Purse, briefcase, grocery bag? Basically when something is in the seat at a particular angle it'll switch the side airbag off, a safety feature. It happens to me when my dog is sitting in the pax seat.

Hope that helped. You can read more about it in your owner's manual, it actually covers it.

AL

Old 10-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, that was it. I was downloading pictures to my laptop on my drive home. When I ht the brakes the laptop slid a bit and I had to make a grab for it. Thanks

Clay

Old 10-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

rigger, does this apply to 2004 civic hybrids like the one I have? I believe that 04 hch comes standard with side airbags, but I've put stuff on the front seat and have never seen the side airbag off light come on.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:22 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Originally Posted by bluecivichybrid
rigger, does this apply to 2004 civic hybrids like the one I have? I believe that 04 hch comes standard with side airbags, but I've put stuff on the front seat and have never seen the side airbag off light come on.
Something has to pretty much hit it just the right (or wrong) way for it to disengage the airbag. It's happened to me maybe 3 times in the last 2 1/2 years and 37,000 miles. I also toss stuff in the front pax seat all the time (including the wife) .

Old 10-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

thanks rigger.
i hope you don't actually toss your wife into the passenger seat though.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:41 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

I try, too heavy..... I mean I'm a weakling. Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

In my 2004 HCH, whenever i have something on the seat, especially my brief case, the "airbag off" light comes on.

Old 11-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zimbop
In my 2004 HCH, whenever i have something on the seat, especially my brief case, the "airbag off" light comes on.
I have this light come on and off on my dash when driving for no reason. I have a 2004 HCH manual transmission. I have had items on the seat but it did not seem to have a consistent affect on the "Side Airbag Off" light turning on or off.

Quick Reply: Airbag warning light

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands