First post, and glad to have a hybrid today

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default First post, and glad to have a hybrid today

Hey all,

This is my first post here, although I have been lurking for quite awhile. I just wanted to mention that I went to get gas at lunch today here in Austin, TX and every gas station around me is sold out of gas. I have about six bars left, which should last me quite awhile, so today is a great day to be driving a hybrid.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: First post, and glad to have a hybrid today

Today??? Everyday is a great day! The gas station by my place in Austin is sold out too. Weird.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:16 PM

It's hardly weird... you are aware of Hurricane Rita and the mass evacuation of Houston, aren't you?

Old 09-23-2005, 06:34 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: First post, and glad to have a hybrid today

Is this a correct saying these days?

"HYBRIDS-ARE-IN"

Terry

Old 09-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It's weird that people are freaking out about rita in AUSTIN. The stores here all sold out of water and gas stations are running out of gas. We're not even going to see a drop of rain. I realize there are some displaced Houston residents in Austin, but not many where I live. Those people are already heading back.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:56 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: First post, and glad to have a hybrid today

Originally Posted by bigbearballs
It's weird that people are freaking out about rita in AUSTIN. The stores here all sold out of water and gas stations are running out of gas. We're not even going to see a drop of rain. I realize there are some displaced Houston residents in Austin, but not many where I live. Those people are already heading back.
I'm glad for everyone that it turned out not to be a complete disaster as predicted.

Terry

Old 09-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Isn't your normal supply chain interrupted by all the weather and evacuations? It seems like your shortages are to be expected when half your state is swamped with either bad weather, horrible traffic, or both. Plus that's the half that's producing and storing your gas. Seems logical to me, though I think the news plays it up a bit, and people do tend to freak out more than they should.