New windshield car going south

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 02:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default New windshield car going south

Hello,
I'm New to this forum. I purchased a 2009 civic hybrid with only 57,000 miles and I thought it was a good deal now I'm not so sure . Since I purchased the car I have seen multiple recalibrations during a 30 minute drive to work and the same on the way back home every day. This is happening constantly and I see recalibrations occurring within minutes of each other but I do not have an I am a light. The biggest problem so far occurred a few days ago when I had to have the front windshield replaced. The car went from 39 miles per gallon to 28 miles per gallon immediately after I replaced the windshield I mean the same day within minutes of leaving that shop I saw this drastic change. I have only had the car for less than a week so I am not totally familiar with this car and I don't know if I windshield replacement would have anything to do whatsoever with this situation or if this is just a coincidence. The original owner told me that he had the batteries replaced in 2013 by Honda under warranty and never had any more problems and now I'm wondering if I will even have any warranty left on the replacement battery pack. The recalibrations I am seen show anywhere from 6 to 8 bars all the way down to one bar and then up to 5-6 bars then back down to one or two bars and this process goes on almost all the time now. I did replace the 12 V battery with a brand-new 51r size battery so I know that is good and that is not a problem. I am so disappointed in this car I might just sell it in a couple of months and take a loss. I have always driven Hondas and never had any problems with Hondas before I have a 2004 hatchback with 190,000 miles running well with the AC blowing colder than this car. This is probably the last Honda I buy .

Old 06-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New windshield car going south

The 2009-2011 HCH HV battery is the worse hybrid battery ever made. Failure rates per the 2013 Consumer Reports survey were 30% for the 09 and 10 model years. It's so bad that in 3/2015, Honda extended the warranty to 10yr/150K for ALL states in hopes of not being sued on EVERY one of their hybrid models.

Take it to the dealer. Describe everything you've mentioned here. Take this letter with you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfi2zxnh6j...etter.pdf?dl=0

Old 06-30-2017, 05:27 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Keith, I made an appointment to have the dealer take a look. I also found this: https://honda.oemdtc.com/category/warranty-extension

Old 07-10-2017, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
The 2009-2011 HCH HV battery is the worse hybrid battery ever made. Failure rates per the 2013 Consumer Reports survey were 30% for the 09 and 10 model years. It's so bad that in 3/2015, Honda extended the warranty to 10yr/150K for ALL states in hopes of not being sued on EVERY one of their hybrid models.

Take it to the dealer. Describe everything you've mentioned here. Take this letter with you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfi2zxnh6j...etter.pdf?dl=0

Keith, the car went back up and is currently at around 34-35 MPG, still lower than previous 40 and still showing multiple recalls up and down daily, I changed the Honda appointment to later in the month to have more time to observe it and see if it will remain stable or start going south again and if it will have the IMA light come on. I do not know why it went to 26 MPG then back up to 34-35...I am driving the same way as before.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast

Which company you recommend me to have windshield replacement?