Out with the HCH, in with the CRUZE

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default Out with the HCH, in with the CRUZE

Having the same IMA battery problems with my 2007 HCHII (65k miles) that others are having--numerous recals, no acceleration from stop, etc.

Went to the Chevy dealer in Winston Salem to view and drive a VOLT and ended up with a CRUZE. Wasn't planning on buying but did. Got $10,000 for the HCHII plus other discounts. Ended up with an LTZ with navigation and sun roof and lots of other options. Really liked the VOLT but couldn't justify the price.

I enjoyed my HCHII for three years before the battery deteriorated but it was never enough to get the IMA light to come on (may not be possible after the update). Trade came almost 5 years from my purchase date.

The CRUZE had 30 psi nitrogen in the tires so I got them to raise it to 36psi. Some habits are hard to break.

Haven't posted much here but did learn a lot by reading. Good luck to everyone with their hybrids.

Last edited by JATRAMMELL; 08-09-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: content