Windshield wiper stutter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast

So just an update. I inflated my tires to 40psi, and am getting only slightly better mileage (38.6 v. previous 37.8), but as I said, almost all of my driving is stop and go city driving. The streets in LA suck with all kinds of potholes and the ride is pretty bumpy. it gives me a headache. But the only really annoying problem so far is that my windshield wipers stutter...I know most cars will do this when there isn't much water on the windshield, but my do it in pouring rain. DO you think it's because it's a new car and they just haven't been broken in yet? Or would it be something else?

Old 10-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally posted by myraellen@Oct 21st 2004 @ 12:47 PM
So just an update. I inflated my tires to 40psi, and am getting only slightly better mileage (38.6 v. previous 37.8), but as I said, almost all of my driving is stop and go city driving. The streets in LA suck with all kinds of potholes and the ride is pretty bumpy. it gives me a headache. But the only really annoying problem so far is that my windshield wipers stutter...I know most cars will do this when there isn't much water on the windshield, but my do it in pouring rain. DO you think it's because it's a new car and they just haven't been broken in yet? Or would it be something else?
the rubber being hard and new could contribute to this. There are ointments you could apply to help soften the rubber. Me, I would just put two or three coats of Rain-X on the windows and fuggetaboutit.....

Old 10-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes Rain-x is a wonderful product I've used it on all my vehicles.
Also being a form of lubricant, I also think it could help.

When you use this product it is even easier to see in the pouring rain without using your wipers at all. (Although I wouldn't recommend not using your wipers in the rain)