Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

Austin, TX Hybrid Users Group?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 07:17 PM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl
Default Re: Austin, TX Hybrid Users Group?

Seems we had some interest going back in February...but here it is, May, and no additional posts. Must be a few (hundred) more Hybrid owners in the greater Austin area...I would hope at least. Lets hear from some of you out there and get a meeting date on the books. I am good for anything but the first week of August.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm in San Antonio but have a brother in Austin. No hybrid groups down here that I am aware of, though I've seen Prius and HCH on the roadways here (few and far between, of course.)

I'm a Ford Escape Hybrid owner, btw.

Last edited by GeekGal; 05-01-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My wife will make fun of me for years to come, but I'm in. August works fine for me. Do you want to make it a prius/civic get together?

Old 08-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi, I just found this thread. I live in Wells Branch (north of Austin, near Pflugerville). I don't have it yet, but I ordered a Camry Hybrid. I hope to receive it in the next several weeks.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:16 PM

When do we want to do this?

Old 08-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Enthusiast

The Renewable Energy Roundup (http://www.theroundup.org/) is being held in Fredericksburg Texas Sept 22-24.
I would like to see if we can organize a Prius/hybrid rally on Sunday the 24th at the same time. There will be pure EV vehicles from the central Texas Electric vehicle club there as well as alternative fuel vehicles. It would be and outstanding event to show off to the locals and the media the support for Hybrids in Texas. This would be a great place to show off and share the mods to our rides to other owners as well as show the community that its not just another car.
I can arrange a tour of a local ranch that has been setup with wind power, PV and other renewable technologies if any one would be interested.

I'm going to be setting up the wireless internet access, live blogs and some live video of the event. Is there any interest here for such an event?

David

Old 08-17-2006, 07:28 PM

Yeah, that sounds great. I'm in!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Where's it being held in Fredericksburg? Eg. Main Street, the Gillespie County Airport/Fairground, etc.?

Old 08-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast

Im wondering if Saturday might be a better idea. the roundup closes early on sunday and its a 4+ hour drive from Houston.

Old 08-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Where's it being held in Fredericksburg? Eg. Main Street, the Gillespie County Airport/Fairground, etc.?
Its at the park on main street, next to the fire station.

Quick Reply: Austin, TX Hybrid Users Group?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands