Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Comments on Mileage Database

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Comments on Mileage Database

Originally Posted by ericbecky
Even seeing pictures it's hard for people to believe. There are some pretty good photshop artists out there so sometimes people do not believe pictures either.
Hi Eric.
Quite so.

But how likely is the combination of Insight owner *AND* photoshop maestro, *AND* desire to corrupt data ?

btw, I read the thread over on the tdi forum. One poster said >90 mpg on an insight is impossible, given how much energy is in a gallon of gas. I thought these folks were supposed to be gear heads ? Yet not one person bothered to do the simple arithmetic that shows othewise.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Comments on Mileage Database

Hi EricGo:

___You are correct. The Insight’s do have an lmpg screen. If the TDI viewers did not believe it, I guess they could call the new owners and ask them as I am sure they haven’t busted below the 92.5 mpg showing yet. They might be down to 92.3 mpg after a month of local driving but I doubt it …

___Texashchman, I saw your comments in that thread over at VW Vortex. There are a few other hybrid owners posting as well I see. Can you create another post and get those guys off the hybrids - city only – exceptional mileage kick? That stuff is pure non-sense. In fact, invite them over because they might enjoy the FE improvement questions that the few TDI owning GH members discuss here once every few weeks or so. Linking this thread as well as the 3 that follow might make for some interesting but jovial back and forth

Comments on the Real Hybrid Mileage Database

Hybrid-Diesel: The Mercury Meta-One

Diesels

Mini-Review: 2004 VW Jetta 1.9 L TDI …

___Thanks in advance.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net