Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New owner of used '05 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 05:57 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default Re: New owner of used '05 HCH-Lucked out on flood.

Stephen,I lucked out on the flooding.I live in River Ridge,a suburb about 3 miles from New Orleans-my house is about 4.5 miles WSW from the break in the 17 street canal.I'm a bit higher-maybe 5 ft above sea level-than average for the metro area. Not many "bad cars" are actually showing up here-everyone is aware of the flooding problem.They most certainly will turn up outside LA.La doesn't require a salvaged car have "salvage' printed on the title.They will be sent to other states with "clean titles".Maybe the titles will have to be "scrubbed" by passing them thru other states,but the scammers are very good at that.There were huge numbers a new cars that were flooded.No way will they not attract scammers.I see lots of shill bidders on salvage Prius on Ebay;the same folks will be selling these"low mile" used cars from Louisiana.
Sounds like you are having fun with the Honda??Good luck,Charlie