Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

"Saying Hello from.. ..the New Guy"

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default "Saying Hello from.. ..the New Guy"

Hello All,

"The Curiousity" strikes 10-18-06 !!!!

Signing the papers on a '06 Civic Hybrrid this coming Wed. So many questions at this point, kinda don't know where to start. Except to say, from lurking on these pages the past few months seems these 1:1 are the real deal. Trading in a '01 Dodge Dakata V6 that averages 18-21 mpg. It has been a very dependable/reliable comuter/work vechile. I travel 650-725 miles weekly, on a 60+ one way ( all interstate ) comute to the Mlps/St. paul area. So, at even the current price for gas I stand to show some saving when one considers the the bank note(s) between both vechiles. It goes up, and beyond 2.25 per gallon all I can say is , "Yea Buddy".

As for me personally, I am as easy as they come. The "NitroJohnny Tagg" comes from yrs. of the thrill that the 1/4 mile strip has to offer up. Far cry from what we're talking about here, lol. These few "Words/Pics" basicly size me for the most part ( a somewhat updated intro/profile I have on another forum, redlinesonline.com ). Hopefully the people here, will be like the people there. "Second Family" :

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Fast cars ( top fuel/pine wood derby and anything in between ); Renovating our house ( victorian,better therapy than a shrink ):

Rasing our six kids ( two gone, two about to go, one returning w/ a grandchild, one still remaining ). Our oldest/youngest & latest blood. Oh, and me too, lol:

Let's say seven ( duh!! the '95 1 ton club cab v-10 ram in storage, never leaving ):

some

sports ( spectator ), and of course "HOT WHEELS":

( if it ain't the bottle, the bag, the pill, the needle, the rock, then it has to be something, lol ).

__________________________________________________ ________________________________
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Just to let you know. I am pretty much like the rest of us. Pay the bills; Keep a roof over our heads; Maintain some sense of sanity of all goes on around us these days. Regarding my addiction, since being sober/dope free for 22 1/2 yrs, I never thought I would find some thing so compeling as these goofy little cars.

Seems I may have found a new habit of choice come the middle of next week. One I am sure to find enlighting & entertaining. The thrist to pass-by local the gas station. But hey I can stiill give 'em the change in my pocket. The morning-daily-spin requires that cup of java. just think what that adds-up-to a gallon, lol.

the "Fun Ride" started !!!!

John

Old 10-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: "Saying Hello from.. ..the New Guy"

A U of M fan? I may like you already.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

Rich,

My oldest son's dream.

I grew up around the Detorit/Monroe area, so the heart pumps for the "Wolverines"". Guess you could say Travis was has been wiened on the "Maize & Blue" since he left the birth canal, lol. The pic shown was a snapshot of autograph day the week we moved him over, when he transfered as a junior a smaller state college in Minn. where we live.

This Thanksgiving will be my first real run with the new vechile. I do plan on a trip out east for a visit & meal with my son, my brothers family, and Mom & Dad ( who reiside in Ida ), at thier house. Looking foward to the high mileage cruise, and the chance to get away. Hopeing for a shot at the "National Championship" by then.

Go "Big Blue".

John

p.s. Just cruisied through your FEH FAQ. Man, I can say I have to learn a new facts about operating a motor vechile, lol.

Last edited by nitrojohnny; 10-16-2006 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck with your new car.

My husband has a Dakota with a massive engine and headers and it gets 8 miles per gallon. We have not driven it more than 1000 miles this year! It is a fun car (hoping to talk him into selling it).

And thanks for the baby picture!
What a little button.