Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Newbie saying "hello"

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Don't Taunt Pepito
Default Newbie saying "hello"

So, I'll say it ... Hello.

I found this site while doing research on both the Prius & Civic Hybrid. I commute 100 miles daily for work and was looking for ways to cut my fuel costs. I conisdered trading in my Accord (which I love) for a hybrid, but it's not economical right now. Too much to pay off the car.

Since finding the site, I have worked to increase my mileage; although I didn't start logging until last week. Most of my change is using cruise as much as possible and going a little slower.

Of course, traffic on the NJ Parkway has a mind of its own and doesn't always conform to the way I want to drive.

So now the plan is to wait a bit, maximize my mileage as much as possible, and hopefully be able to replace my '96 Cherokee with a hybrid. Then I can use the hybrid for work and my wife can use the Accord around home.

So there you have. Here I am. I'm looking forward to participating (at least a little) in the discussions.

Mike

Old 05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Thumbs up Re: Newbie saying "hello"

Mike welcome to GH. Your first posting and you already have your signature showing your MPG... it took me a while to get there.

There is also another group with some of the same people but more emphasis on improving MPG and less on Hybrids:

http://www.cleanmpg.com/

Old 05-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbie saying "hello"

Good luck and when you get the car you will surely love it.

I drive a minimum of 50 miles per day and when I went from an Altima to an HCH I, I saved almost $900 in the first year and I am now on year 3 of owning hybrids.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome!

Old 05-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by proco
Most of my change is using cruise as much as possible and going a little slower.
Mike
Welcome to GreenHybrid. You'll be amazed at what a difference going slower can do to your mpg. I don't know what speed are near you, but if you are able to go the speed limit, or even a little less, you will begin to see big gains.

Good luck on decreasing your fuel consumption. Future generations will thank you.