4WD Escape Hybrid 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default 4WD Escape Hybrid 2008

I have ford 4wd Escape Hybrid 2008 the , im stuck in the snow but the 4wd didn't work how I can fix this problem ?
im check fuse number 11 and 35 its work also check the voltage its on the range 14.6 v im check the Rear axle solenoid its 3 ohm its mean work , what I can do more ?

Old 12-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Default Re: 4WD Escape Hybrid 2008

Originally Posted by Amer Bitar
I have ford 4wd Escape Hybrid 2008 the , im stuck in the snow but the 4wd didn't work how I can fix this problem ?
im check fuse number 11 and 35 its work also check the voltage its on the range 14.6 v im check the Rear axle solenoid its 3 ohm its mean work , what I can do more ?
Can you turn off traction control so the tires can spin?

Gary

Old 12-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think 08 has that, mine doesn't

Old 12-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast

nop ,
im read about Rear axle its say automatically work by The difference between reading wheels rotation , but i don't have any error in screen abut ABS brake or VDC

Attached Thumbnails 4WD Escape Hybrid 2008-192.jpg  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Can you turn off traction control so the tires can spin?

Gary
No TC on the 2008.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Amer, like many drivers it appears that you are rather optomistic about driving in snow with your SUV. I don't know what your road and snow conditions are, but I hope you have better knowledge and judgement than to consider off-road snow driving with a near - stock Ford Escape Hybrid. If you need to drive off road or in snow deeper than 3 or 4" your own abilities will totally determine the outcome, and the vehicle is nearly immaterial. If you can't lock your hubs and go into a locked 4WD condition you probably have the wrong vehicle for deep snow. There are some vehicles that don't have the actual locking hubs that do pretty well, but only experience with multiple vehicles over dozens or even hundreds of instances will give most people a real understanding of the low and widely varying traction, increased rolling resistance, hard-packing of the snow, and how to work WITH it, even use those conditions to move you where you're willing to go. I love my FEH, but it has nowhere near the ground clearance and feel of it's traction and drive torque to make it something I'd willingly drive in serious snow.

You may know much of this and simply be caught by surprise and unwillingly in this position. The FEH is AWD, as opposed to 4WD, and does fine in dirt, some sand, plowed or packed snow on roads, but deep, loose sand and snow are NOT in it's repertoire (even with serious tires).

This is where we were all suprised and pleased when Ford did a hybrid SUV. Technically SUV is the antithesis of fuel efficiency, LRR tires, and unfeelable and computer controlled torque. I'm still very disappointed with their abandoning of it.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

We argue all the time about the term "AWD" and the FEH because the vehicle goes into 4wd and then out of 4wd into 2wd 12 months a year. A simple touch to the accelerator will induce the vehicle to go into 4wd regardless of weather or road conditions.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Imported from Detroit

AWD is just a buzz word. It's just 4WD without a transfer case with a lower gear ration option and full lock position. Even Ford's own WorkShop Manual changes back/forth between the two terms.

At one time even Ford website showed a AWD system graphic with selectable road conditions. It show power flow to rear wheel changing back/forth from side to side under certain road conditions which it doesn't do! It only directs power between the front and rear wheels. Maybe this is why the Ford website pulled that graphic back in mid 2009.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billyk24
We argue all the time about the term "AWD" and the FEH because the vehicle goes into 4wd and then out of 4wd into 2wd 12 months a year. A simple touch to the accelerator will induce the vehicle to go into 4wd regardless of weather or road conditions.
Yes, it is surprising how many people don't know this. Those rear wheels engage a lot, unlike most other "AWD" systems that depend on slippage. The FEH AWD does slippage AND does it at other times....

Old 02-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevedebi
Yes, it is surprising how many people don't know this. Those rear wheels engage a lot, unlike most other "AWD" systems that depend on slippage. The FEH AWD does slippage AND does it at other times....
Yes, the FEH's system is "predictive". Depending on speed, throttle position and other sensors, it will engage the rear wheels before detecting wheelspin. This makes it one step better than reactive "slip&grip" systems more common on small suv's.

Quick Reply: 4WD Escape Hybrid 2008

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands