Can I plug in my FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Can I plug in my FEH?

Originally Posted by benichols
http://www.enginer.us/news/view.php/...onversion.html
http://www.enginer.us/news/

There are many states with tax incentives for conversion, not just Colorado. Let me know if you want me to list those states
Ah, that is the link I was looking for. Doesn't work for California, which appears to list only new vehicles - and it costs an additional $1000 for the conversion in CA.

Just keep in mind that these things generally come with income limits - the more one makes, the less one is eligible to receive as a tax credit.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Curmudgeon

Your statement is NOT true regarding the federal credit and for Colorado. In fact, the federal credit is capped at $4,000 ($40,000 conversion). In Colorado, the tax credit was not initially capped, which led to a few Tesla Roadster buyers writing off $42K of the purchase (http://gigaom.com/cleantech/want-a-4...ster-too-late/). I don't know about the other states.

Last edited by benichols; 03-01-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Edited to reflect Colorado's initial tax credit "snafu".
Old 03-01-2011, 01:24 PM

Your statement is NOT true regarding the federal credit and for Colorado. In fact, the federal credit is capped at $4,000 ($40,000 conversion). In Colorado, the tax credit was not initially capped, which led to a few Tesla Roadster buyers writing off $42K of the purchase (http://gigaom.com/cleantech/want-a-4...ster-too-late/). I don't know about the other states.
The "quote" button is your friend! I'm assuming you meant my post about tax credits. Incomprehensible that they failed to put income tests on these things - they certainly exist on the original hybrid credits...

But anyway, as I said, I'm not interested here in CA.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Curmudgeon

Maybe the lack of income tests is to encourage EVERYONE to use less fossil fuels? Discouraging the people who are more able to afford conversion inhibits development of the technology as it puts less converted vehicles on the road. Hardly "incomprehensible".

Old 03-01-2011, 03:34 PM

Maybe the lack of income tests is to encourage EVERYONE to use less fossil fuels? Discouraging the people who are more able to afford conversion inhibits development of the technology as it puts less converted vehicles on the road. Hardly "incomprehensible".
This is a bit off topic, but at 14 trillion deficit, yes, incomprehensible.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Funny, I remember when GW passed the tax cut that put in place tax credit ( or maybe rapid depreciation?) for vehicles over a certain weight. Every acountant, doctor and lawyer in town were driving around in Humvees!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:36 AM

When can someone post a photo of this unit inside their Escape Hybrid? I'm curious on where it mounts and how large it is.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

To my knowledge, Enginer is based out of Michigan not Colorado.

Enginer, Inc. Michigan
P.O. Box3 Troy, MI 48099
Toll Free: 877-886-8897
Email: CS@Enginer.us
www.Enginer.us

Enginer EnvironmenTech Co. Ltd., Shanghai
7580 Humin Road, Shanghai, 201102
Email: CS@Enginer.us
www.Enginer.us

Last edited by ibmsorcerer; 03-05-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Curmudgeon

@Billyk
It sits right on top of the HV battery in the back - my carpet sits above it. I will email you a photo if you PM me. I don't see how to post a photo here without an http address.

Attached Thumbnails Can I plug in my FEH?-photo.jpg  

Last edited by benichols; 03-05-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Thanks ibmsorcerer! Dear mods: Seriously??? That is an unbelievably hard, complicated, hidden way to add a jpg.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Go to advanced and look for the icon in the top row that looks like a paper clip when you post. You should still be able to add the picture to your previous post.

Quick Reply: Can I plug in my FEH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands