Ford to Recall 6,000 Escape Hybrid SUVs

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford to Recall 6,000 Escape Hybrid SUVs

Originally Posted by Thegreatescape
You didn't say that you know more than the engineers or techs???? Then please clarify your statement of "Especially when it turns out that the customer is indeed smarter and more knowledgeable !"
OK, an actual example.

The rear cargo light burned out on my old Cherokee Limited. When I was in for some other service, I asked the SA to have the it checked out and replace the bulb if needed.

The SA refused, saying that my model doesn't come with a rear cargo light. I re-explained that I had the top-of-the-line Limited, and it should have every little feature. The SA still refused to even have a tech looked at.

I then asked what is that thing in the rear roof that use to light up when I opened the tailgate? The SA still insisted that my model doesn't come with a cargo light, and continued to refuse to write-it-up.

I eventually had to drag the owner out of his office, and out to my Cherokee. While walking I explained the situation to the owner. When we got out to it, I opened up the tailgate and pointed to the cargo light and said "then what's this?" The owner then had a tech repair it.

Does that clarify my statement about SA's ?

Old 11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Enthusiast

How could I be anything but overwhelmingly impressed?

Last edited by Thegreatescape; 11-27-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glennb
This link takes you to a 13-page version of the recall instructions issued by Ford on 13Oct2006. It contains good info on: which vehicles are affected, the two phases of inspection, and the replacement work .....if required. (Looks like Ford estimates that 50% of the vehicles under the recall will need half-shaft replacement)

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Ford/1160...S44/index.html
I finally (three months later!) got my FEH in for the recall service, as well as an early oil change and repair/replacement of my leaky sunroof and my driver's seatbelt (was feeding extremely poorly, requiring up to 10+ pulls to latch; was also aggressively locking with the slightest forward movement, such as to change radio volume while buckled.)

Due to all the issues (above) I brought the vehicle in with, the dealership had my vehicle for 2.5 days. My vehicle failed both recall-related inspections (listed here) and I received a new intermediate shaft. I was pleasantly surprised to find they had the part on hand and did the work, but again, they had the car for 2.5 days (heading to 2.75 days, really) due to the various issues (sunroof and seatbelt took a lot of time to go through their various evaluative tests, then repairs/replacements.)

All set and back on the road 'gain.

Last edited by GeekGal; 01-11-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added link to previous thread