MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

I am about to purchase an '06 HEV and the dealer showed me a giant book with the new 06' Escape specs last night. It shows that the 06' Nav system w/6discs is MP3 and Sirius compatible (unlike the '05). I took the Escape overnight and burned an MP3 cd and it acts like it is playing one long track with no sound. The '06 Mariner site shows that the NAV id MP3 and Sat. compatible as well. Has anyone played an MP3 cd in thier '06 or have a perm Sirius tuner that displays on the monitor? The dealer says it does not show up now but will when sirus is hooked up. I can not seem to find any info on this so plaese help if you can! Thanks.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Early Adopter
Default Re: MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

Unless they've added a "SAT" button to the nav radio the book is in error.

Perhaps a new navigation radio is in the offing...

Old 10-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast

The dealer claimed that once Sirius is hooked up it will display in the screen and will become an option next to one of the six side buttons. Not sure if they really know though.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Early Adopter

If they have such a feature it'd be very interesting to hear if it can be put in a 2005. The radio is the same AFAIK.

Originally Posted by dcfergs
The dealer claimed that once Sirius is hooked up it will display in the screen and will become an option next to one of the six side buttons. Not sure if they really know though.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

I'd love to know if you can actually confirm it does work. I just received a factory ordered '06 Escape last week, so I figured it would have the most recent hardware/firmware for the NAV system. I can honestly say I haven't tried either an MP3 cd or a satellite system because I was under the impression neither was supported, even in the 06. But if they are - that'd be great! I love sirius and listen to it at home on the sat receiver...

I'd like to add this link to the actual Nav Radio Vendor's website:
http://www.visteon.com/products/auto...navradio.shtml

Last edited by enrique; 10-12-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the link to the nav system specs. It seems like (but still can't quite confirm) that the dealer has to install some special Sirius package to the tune of $399 (in Wash DC area) and then it might actually display on the unit and function properly. I am not sure I am willing to drop that much just to have a direct connect that displays on the monitor. Plus I am not sure how robust the display is once it is hooked up. PIE makes some adaptors (pie.net) that will allow at least the sound to direct connect using the cd changer input. That might be the way I go. The ford dealer book also said the radio was 'mp3 compatible' but I burned a regular and data mp3 cd and it did not work. Not sure if having an early 06' is the problem or what as the new mariner's say thier nav is mp3 and sat compatible as well. If you find out anything else please let me know and I will do the same!

Old 10-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, I called Visteon who refered me to one of thier sales and service companies. They told me the Nav radio will work with sirius and display track information etc with the ford kit. My question now is what is this 'Ford Sirius Kit' and why does it cost $400 when a tuner is about $99-$150 and an adaptor could not be more than $40. If anyone has knowledge of the ford sirius kit or a different solution to display sirius on the Nav radio please let me know!

Old 10-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Hybrid Ambassador
Default MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav this is timely for me!

I would love this info also, my xact plug and play that I picked up in July has already fried it's antenna (which cust serv says happens often...WHAT??? ) and I need to return or exchange it. If there is a kit that works direct instead of thru FM I'll return this one and go with the kit (unless it really is $400 yikes! ) I do have the nav system and mine is a 2006.
Thanks for any help!

Old 10-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav this is timely for me!

Well my dealer's car stero guy says it is $400 for the kit and I am still not positive it will work for our 06' HEV. (mine looks exactly the same as yours). PIE.NET does make an auxilary input device that you can send the audio from your Xact to the radio without an FM Modulator. You will still have to control your serius with the Xact though. Here is one model of adapter from PIE.NET, X3-FRDW , Just unplug your cd changer cable and use this to control the cd changer and sirius and even 2 other devices like an ipod. Search this forum under ipod for more info. Hope this helps! Good luck.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Hybrid Ambassador

Thanks for the info! I will do some forum searching for Ipod info. OK am I the last person on the planet who does not own an Ipod?

Quick Reply: MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands