MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

Regarding the false advertising from mercury It was just so difficult here in California there is a two year time limit for filing small claims. I just traded my MMH for a 08 FEH, took a down grade without the NAV and I am much happier.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:18 AM
Enthusiast

Does anyone have any information regarding whether or not the 2008 FEH factory nav radio would be compatible to install in a 2007 or earlier model? It's not made by visteon (I think pioneer) but as long as the signal pinouts and physical fit are compatible it would be possible.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by virtualfreak
Does anyone have any information regarding whether or not the 2008 FEH factory nav radio would be compatible to install in a 2007 or earlier model? It's not made by visteon (I think pioneer) but as long as the signal pinouts and physical fit are compatible it would be possible.
If someone tries this, see if you can't get a return on the system if it doesn't work. As I've said before car companies could car less about backward compatibility. I'm sure the radio will work fine, but even if the physical interface is copatible, there would be no guarantee the communications messages passed for the hybrid screens would be compatible. She might lock up. She might not... It would suck only to find out after a grand or two expenditure.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Physical dimensions are different. The 2008 unit is about 3/4" taller than the previous NAV unit.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Enthusiast

Hello, i have read many of threats about what to install in my FEH 2006 with NAV radio.. i have the 6 cd box under the passenger seat.. but i really want to play my MP3 USB..

Could you on easy understanding let me know what to buy and how to install and how its works and of course your satisfaction .

Thank you.

H

Old 06-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hc45
Hello, i have read many of threats about what to install in my FEH 2006 with NAV radio.. i have the 6 cd box under the passenger seat.. but i really want to play my MP3 USB..

Could you on easy understanding let me know what to buy and how to install and how its works and of course your satisfaction .

Thank you.

H
I had the XM commander installed in my '06, basically its an FM modulator that shares the AM/FM antennae plug with the radio. You tune the radio to 87.9, turn on XM, and voila, you have pretty good satellite radio. That was a professional install.

More recently I went to a local car stereo shop to see if there was a way I could add in audio input jack to play from an MP3 player. They have such a thing, the install cost was around $50, the provide in dash aux input plug and a toggle switch. The aux input is also an FM modulator. The toggle switch allows one to toggle inputs between XM and the AUX Mp3 player.

I asked if there was a way to wire in something considering I also had the CD changer without a having to use another modulator and the answer was no. The $50 solution made alot more sense

Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

Hello, thank you for your help..

Could you please let me know what exactly is the Thing... that cost you $50.. i will like to make an aux input in my NAV radio and play MP3...

If is possible, the web address of the local stereo shop, or they email.. to find out.

Thank you.

H.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hc45
Hello, thank you for your help..

Could you please let me know what exactly is the Thing... that cost you $50.. i will like to make an aux input in my NAV radio and play MP3...

If is possible, the web address of the local stereo shop, or they email.. to find out.

Thank you.

H.
The gadget is something like this:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/i...dular-W-Switch

or

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142FMMO...2.html?tp=1701

Just call your local car stereo shop and tell them you need something like the above