New owner (maybe)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Default New owner (maybe)

Thinking of trading in my 05 Civic Hybrid for an Escape.
Anyone here think I am crazy or is it all that?
We traded an Xterra in to get the Civic and I LOVE the mpg but at 6'4" I am soooo tired of the small cramped ride.
Clif

Old 12-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New owner (maybe)

I see two questions (at least) that you need to answer:

1: Can you live with getting less MPG?
2: Will the Escape fit you?

The first is a personal choice and can not be answered by anyone but you. The second can be answerd buy renting a "normal" Escape for a day. I did that and it was $45 well spent.

-R

Old 12-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by rdinatal
I see two questions (at least) that you need to answer:

1: Can you live with getting less MPG?
2: Will the Escape fit you?

The first is a personal choice and can not be answered by anyone but you. The second can be answerd buy renting a "normal" Escape for a day. I did that and it was $45 well spent.

-R
1: I tell you it would be tough because I stress when my mileage drops more less stays lower from now on. I can live with it because I wouldn't dread driving it, I like the Civic but man a long trip is hell.
2:I am basing the trade on a friend of mine who is the same height but about 100lbs up on me and he takes long trips with no comfort problems. Obviously I wouldn't buy it without sitting in it and I think you can tell a LOT just sitting/getting in a car.
That is an idea, most dealers (around here that is) will let you take one for 24 while deciding and one has a 7 day no questions asked return policy so maybe I will see if I can borrow and ride one out.
Thanks
Clif

Old 12-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

First of all, by all means, take a test drive. If you can find a FEH on the lot, take her out for a spin.

You're going to have to weigh the (IMHO) roomier interior of the FEH against the better MPGs of tthe HCH. (I've driven both the HCH-I and II) If you have a one, you may want to consider a II, as it's roomier (again, IMHO); at least for the driver.

However, bottom line, is that it's entirely up to you. All we can offer is advice or suggestions.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
First of all, by all means, take a test drive. If you can find a FEH on the lot, take her out for a spin.

You're going to have to weigh the (IMHO) roomier interior of the FEH against the better MPGs of tthe HCH. (I've driven both the HCH-I and II) If you have a one, you may want to consider a II, as it's roomier (again, IMHO); at least for the driver.

However, bottom line, is that it's entirely up to you. All we can offer is advice or suggestions.
So Of A @#$##$ I wrote a long reply back and something mucked up, I am not typing it again.
Thanks I am going to drive one tomorrow.
Clif

Old 12-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: New owner (maybe)

A year before my purchase, I rented a V6 Escape for a weekend during a trip to LA - you learn a lot more than just a test drive. The FEH is a full hybrid and there should be notable differences from the mild hybrid HCHI. Even though it is an SUV, it is a small SUV and us guys over 6' still have to be careful not to bang a shin on the way in. [right shin on left lower dash panel during the step-in] [you may, or may not, have had that problem with your Xterra]

Old 12-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duc
2:I am basing the trade on a friend of mine who is the same height but about 100lbs up on me and he takes long trips with no comfort problems. Obviously I wouldn't buy it without sitting in it and I think you can tell a LOT just sitting/getting in a car.
That is an idea, most dealers (around here that is) will let you take one for 24 while deciding and one has a 7 day no questions asked return policy so maybe I will see if I can borrow and ride one out.
You might to look at the Mariner Hybrid instead of the Escape Hybrid. The Mariner has better seats which include a lumbar support (that not even the Escape Limited has).

Old 12-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by glennb
A year before my purchase, I rented a V6 Escape for a weekend during a trip to LA - you learn a lot more than just a test drive. The FEH is a full hybrid and there should be notable differences from the mild hybrid HCHI. Even though it is an SUV, it is a small SUV and us guys over 6' still have to be careful not to bang a shin on the way in. [right shin on left lower dash panel during the step-in] [you may, or may not, have had that problem with your Xterra]
Thanks for the heads up fellow 6 footer.

What about price is Ford getting MSRP from folks because they are in "high demand" or since they are in trouble are they willing to negotiate?
Clif

Old 12-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duc
What about price is Ford getting MSRP from folks because they are in "high demand" or since they are in trouble are they willing to negotiate?
I had no problems buying for "x-plan" (friend of Ford employee), which is just under invoice. Plus I still got the 0% financing. I also custom ordered mine, and had it in just 6 weeks.

Nothing at Ford is in "high demand" anymore.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by WaltPA
I had no problems buying for "x-plan" (friend of Ford employee), which is just under invoice. Plus I still got the 0% financing. I also custom ordered mine, and had it in just 6 weeks.

Nothing at Ford is in "high demand" anymore.
That is what I figured, they are offering me $950 off MSRP on one and $864 on the other claiming there isn't much mark up on them.
Clif

Quick Reply: New owner (maybe)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands